Home Pro Centre In Chiang Mai

Rinrada

Read somewhere that there is a new Home Pro Place in Chiang Mai ...any idea where it is?

Gotta buy a paintbrush and a bag of nails on next visit..... :D ...supposed to be a holiday :o

It's in Carrefour, unless there is a larger store.

If it is not specifically a " Home Pro" store you are looking for, but rather a buiding supply store, I would recommend checking out the new "Global" down on the southeren ring road just west of the Saraphi underpass.

AWESOME

gonzo

Edited by Gonzo the Face

This could be it.....cheers...

I am sure that I read somewhere that the owners had built a new one in C.M, which is supposed to be the biggest in the country ...20,000 sq mt...or sumit... like that.

Got majour plans afoot for expansion into other Thai citys... :o

Surprised that the likes of B&Q have never made inroads but recon must be only a matter of time.

Got majour plans afoot for expansion into other Thai citys...

Won't you need more than a paintbrush and a bag of nails ? :o

An aside for anyone holding their breath in anticipation - I have finished painting my desk. Many thanks to the forum advisors.

Edited by katnip

Global looks good..........

Also see Index Living Mall opened last week, next door to HomePro / Carrefour. ...this sounds like the one that I was on about.... :o however all look good......just like "ome..

also..

Noppadom Panit on superhighway ......

Index Living Mall is nice for a browse, but I doubt it will be very successful here. Index's prices are high, too high for most locals. I guess they are relying on expat retirees and rich Bangkok folks with second homes here as their target market. When I went for a look there were many people browsing, but few buying.

K.W has just told me that she has got our gardener to install a couple of big underground water storage tanks up on the mountain above our main land and has now quietly suggested that we gotta install some pipeworks and water pumps...by us... read ..me....so need some said..PUMPS..assume..??

Figures that in the dry season we have to make sure that we will have enough "nam" suppliament for the plants......all this for a couple of ...lemons...

Wonder what "Del Boy" would do......Chiang Mai spring perchance.... :o

Will be ready for that pint :D

Wife wants to bring out a petrol driven chain saw in her luggage..(only £120 special offer in local newspaper) but I suggested it might be better if we can pick one up at the new shops...assume... :o

Wife wants to bring out a petrol driven chain saw in her luggage..(only £120 special offer in local newspaper) but I suggested it might be better if we can pick one up at the new shops...assume... :D

I'd love to see the "<deleted>!" look on the airport luggage x-ray guy's face as that chainsaw goes through. :o

Went to Global the other day --- they actually did have exactly that size of bolts I needed ... and which I didn't find neither at Home Pro nor at any of my local screw-providers.

Took a look at Global myself and it is pretty impressive.

It is so big that it can take some time to find what you are after.

I just went for a look and came away with a bunch of stuff.

It leaves anywhere else in Chiangmai in it's wake.

• 4 weeks later...

Took a run out to GLOBAL this morning and agree its a good place for almost anything to do with the house.

Talking to one of their guys who was telling me that its been opened about 6 months (didnt know exactly..figures :D )and they may be expanding in other areas.

Bought a nice wee Mitsubishi Water Pump (35mts lifting capacity) so all we now need is a couple of those BIG concrete water tanks spudded into the hill behind us and a do a bore for a new aqua supply...sounds easy.

Got a couple of rivers running through the place so with a bit of luck..etc..and should be more than enough for the dry season............WOT Dry season? :o