Girl wrote cryptic FB note before fatal accident on "Love" bridge

Thaivisa News

“This time, we have come to the point of no return. #My Dear” is a message that a young woman posted on Facebook just before her vehicle crashed into a six-wheel truck last Thursday, killing her and her boyfriend on the Sarasin Bridge in Phuket.

The message has raised speculations that perhaps it is not an accident that claimed their lives.

Friends of the Suthida Iamsam-ang, 21, say her last Facebook post was cryptic. The post also includes a picture of her standing on the bridge and a Share-Feeling part that says, “I am contemplating the meaning of life at the Sarasin Love Bridge”.

According to an ongoing investigation, Suthida’s vehicle swerved into a wrong lane and crashed head-on into a vegetable truck.

Suthida and her 20-year-old boyfriend Suttipong Meesiri were killed instantly at the scene.

If they engaged in any suicidal plan, the location might have been intentionally chosen. Linking Phuket to Phang Nga, this 660-metre-long bridge has long attracted lovers. Many of them have come to pray for their love.

Sarasin Bridge has been associated with love since a couple of star-crossed lovers jumped to their death from the bridge out of deep desperation. They leapt off at the same time, with a piece of waistcloth to tie their bodies together. The tragedy took place in 1973 after a female teacher found that no matter what she did and how much her sweetheart tried to prove himself, her father had never approved their love. The father had also tried hard to bring them apart.

The deaths are so heart-wrenching that the couple’s love story becomes immortal. At least one film and one TV series have been produced based on this true story.

SAD, very sad is all i can say...........Emotions run very high when you are young, praise God that in time, and as we age, we become more excepting of love lost, love changed, love no longer in attendance........very, very sad, such a loss of YOUNG life, such a loss to their friends, and their loved ones......a very sad, sad waste of life.......buddha bless them in their travels......

RIP sad people. Sometimes people need to say goodbye & split. Some people never are suited to be together. Been there, considered it & decided not to. It left me alive to eventually find & marry my second wife. Very sad when it gets to this. Poor folk.

• Like 1

Sarasin Bridge consists of three different bridges: one walking bridge, one 2-lane north-bound bridge and one 2-lane south-bound bridge. You cannot jump into oncoming traffic - would have to fly over water and clear two concrete barricades. Even though I live at the southern foot of the bridge I missed this event - must have been out running errands or something. I do know a pick-up truck was ghost-driving south in the northbound lanes about 2 km south of the bridge last week and slammed into a super-cheap delivery truck and there were fatalities. That people died in this/these events is tragic. But, can't we be a bit more precise in the reporting?