International Schools Or Not

Maverick

I realise this is a duplicate topic and apologies didnt see the other one.............however the other topic is useless so maybe this might hit the spot - is there a decent international English curriculum school in Hua Hin and if not does that indicate HH is a place for old golf-fartz as everyone says?

I have tried to find this out myself and have been reliably informed that the answer is No. This comes from a resident of Hua Hin with schoolteacher connections. I also tried the ISAT site and this doesnt list any, so I sent them an e-mail and they gave the same answer. From time to time someone gives lists of so called International Schools, but my researche suggests that they are not true schools, just language schools, computer schools etc.

Quite correct.

Most of the Ex Pats send there children to the Salasian School 032 532 351. Depending on age.

Websters and Stanford Universities for the older Students.

Not quite sure why the comment about old golf fartz was added, not sure what connection this has with schools?? Obviously had a bad day.

Indeed there are no international schools in the Hua Hin area.

Three schools have Mini English Programs. They are Salasian, Hua Hin school, and Hua Hin Vitayalai. These follow the Thai curriculum with the subjects Science, Maths and English taught in the English language by native speaking teachers. They cater for students of all grades.

Somtawin School has a full English program with all subjects taught in the English language, except Thai, and caters for primary students and Mathayom 1. (Grade 7)

They will be opening a further grade over the coming 5 years to cater for the graduating students in the oldest class. Ex. Mathayom 2 next year, Mathayom 3 the year after etc. etc.

I hope this helps. If you need more info, email me at [email protected]

• 3 years later...

This is a discussion about primary/secondary international schools in the area, NOT about the universities. Further attempts to bring up the university controversies will result in punishments.

I've also reduced this old topic by about 12 other irrelevant posts. Please, stay on topic. Thank you.

Indeed there are no international schools in the Hua Hin area.

Three schools have Mini English Programs. They are Salasian, Hua Hin school, and Hua Hin Vitayalai. These follow the Thai curriculum with the subjects Science, Maths and English taught in the English language by native speaking teachers. They cater for students of all grades.

Somtawin School has a full English program with all subjects taught in the English language, except Thai, and caters for primary students and Mathayom 1. (Grade 7)

Somtawin English Programme, unfortunately, does not have a very good reputation & I know a few parents who have removed their children from there and put them into Salesian, or more recently, the new Yamsaard school.

Edited by November Rain

I realise this is a duplicate topic and apologies didnt see the other one.............however the other topic is useless so maybe this might hit the spot - is there a decent international English curriculum school in Hua Hin and if not does that indicate HH is a place for old golf-fartz as everyone says?

PeaceBlondie, I will stick to topic.

No International School's in Hua Hin, Hua Hin has some fantastic Golf Spot's.

Believe you seem to know as you have answered your own question.