Mounting screw light sockets inside ceiling lamp designed for round tube

konisaan

Went to Baan and beyond to buy some of these sockets but they didn't have the little L shaped mounting bracket to attach the socket to the fitting. Can these brackets be purchased separately or are their kits available with socket and mounting?

In the photo you can see the recess and screw holes where the mounting bracket can go either side.

post-226567-0-87577000-1427956961_thumb.

I converted a light designed for the round tube to hold three screw light sockets. The fixture had three metal clips to hold the round light fixture. I reworked/modified them to be able to mount the screw fixtures. I use three 40 watt bulbs. the reason that I converted it is that we have regular "brown outs" and the round fixtures would not turn on. At least with the 40W bulbs we get some light as it is an inside bathroom.

I bent and ground down one end to fit the recess in the screw fixture and drilled a hole to attach it with a screw , washer, lock washer and nut. I bent the other end and drilled a 1/8" hole and pop riveted it to the base of the light assembly.

• Like 1