What's The Best Way To Get Remote Assistance To Fix Some Issues Without Wasting A lot Of Time?

lostinisaan

Hello and Sawasdee khrap,

I'm trying to help an older guy out to fix something on his PC. He seems to have a problem to use Microsoft Outlook to give me Remote Assistance Rights.

I've tried it with mine, sent him an invitation and it worked.well, showed me the password I'd have to send him, if I'd need help.

What's the easiest way to help this guy out? I had him on the phone for ten times now and he's not able to do simple things.

Any ideas would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. wai2.gif

P.S. Both machines are running W 7. No idea about "easy connect" to be honest.

I did sent him a link from Microsoft how to do it, but it wasn't successful.

P.S. He's using a sort of Satelite provider to have Internet out in the sticks.

Edited by lostinisaan

I wanna shoot myself with a computer mouse. The guy doesn't get it.

He "forgot" his Yahoo password to use the Windows Invitation, plus he doesn't understand to use the Team Viewer program.

OMG.

Edited by lostinisaan

TeamViewer is the easiest. Once installed it only requires it be started and provide the other person the identification code that appears onscreen to initiate a remote connection.

If you're then familiar with team viewer you can then set it to belong to a group, assign it a remote access passcode, and launch as startup for true any-time remote access control.

• Like 1

TeamViewer is the easiest. Once installed it only requires it be started and provide the other person the identification code that appears onscreen to initiate a remote connection.

If you're then familiar with team viewer you can then set it to belong to a group, assign it a remote access passcode, and launch as startup for true any-time remote access control.

Thanks a lot. Took some time for the guy to understand that he always has to switch the program on after a re- start, but I could finally fix his Acronis and it seems to back up now.

I knock in wood. Cheers-facepalm.gif

Thanks a lot. Took some time for the guy to understand that he always has to switch the program on after a re- start, but I could finally fix his Acronis and it seems to back up now.

I knock in wood. Cheers-facepalm.gif

Good work... but next time you are 'Teamviewing' with his machine, why don't you configure his Teamviewer to launch at startup so that you can jump right in when he has a problem in the future? Or maybe you are tired of this particular hand-holding exercise... must be frustrating at times.

I am interested in the latency in your sessions with the other guy being on a slower, internet-by-satellite connection? How did it compare with a 'regular' Teamviewer session where both parties are on decent speed, wired connections?

I've finally spent some hours to get all sorted out. It is a very frustrating "exercise" when people don't even know what a screenshot, etc..is.

The speed was okay, until around 7 pm, when the SpyHunter update slowed down to 3.5 kb per second and we finally decided to stop for today.

But thanks a lot for the tip. I guess that he'd learned more today than he could actually understand.

P.S. And the guy had to go to bed as well.

Edited by lostinisaan

If you are looking for a guy who is cheaper than you could imagine and more professional than you could expect, get in touch with Chairat but speak English slowly. Better you should email him or visit his website and he can remote in to your Mac or PC, or he has a tiny shop located in Mega Bangna near where Big C exits to the free shuttle to/from Udom Suk. This guy does business like a westerner.

Is the suggestion to take on your coat, and your damn shoes, and just take the bus or car and go there in person,,, is that to remote thinking??

Glegolo

Why so upset, Mr. Gigolo? I suggest to purchase some new eye glasses that enables you to read and understand the damn problem. wai2.gif

Google searches show many companies are into this game. For Microsoft products get the Man to contact Microsoft direct and using Citrix or similar they can take over his PC. Might cost him about $90 U.S perhaps less in Thailand but they are experts and will fix it. He will need a credit or debit card.

Google searches show many companies are into this game. For Microsoft products get the Man to contact Microsoft direct and using Citrix or similar they can take over his PC. Might cost him about $90 U.S perhaps less in Thailand but they are experts and will fix it. He will need a credit or debit card.

God, the machine is fixed, works well and I just don't understand why some people can't read.

I'm an expert too, guess you couldn't have followed all the steps i did yesterday, having full control over a guy's machine.

. Good luck with your $ 90 buddy.

• Like 1

teamviewer + RichCor biggrin.png

And guys like me who can deal with Alzheimer affected people.....the guy even forgot to say thank you, once the thing worked again.

Okay, to his credit he can always blame Alzheimer for it. Gotta think twice next time. facepalm.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

I'm good with computers. My elderly father in the U.S. isn't.

I tried to get him using TeamViewer once a couple years back, admittedly with the disadvantage of me being here in Thailand at the time I was trying to help him remotely set up TV on his PC.

Never was able to get him to get it installed and working on his end. He couldn't follow directions, didn't understand what it was about or how to proceed. In the end, I gave up on that venture.

I understand the headaches of this, particularly with the technically impaired.

Try Remote Desktop (RDP) if you both have Windows Professional.

I found RDP to be extremely slow compared to Teamviewer.

Although I (mis)use RDP for a Browser game on my Forex VPS,

With Teamvierer I access my mothers PC back home.

I also do this remote business , easy to earn money that way, And you can have customers all over the world.

Well spoken. Once you know all the tricks, you can easily make good money. Is there a way to make file transfer a little bit faster?

Thanks a lot in advance and my deepest appreciation for getting that far.

Whenever I encounter a problem it makes me realize that I know nothing, but once I understand how to get the problem fixed, a good way to prevent Alzheimer...

Once I know how to transfer files a little faster, it will be easy to put new programs on. Just saying. Cheers-wai2.gif .

Once I know how to transfer files a little faster, it will be easy to put new programs on. Just saying. Cheers-wai2.gif .

I usually don't use the transfer file function for installation files. Too big, too slow.

I remote in then use their browser to direct it to download relevant software using their higher-speed connection then run the install process (and enter any relevant install keys).

• Like 1

Same here, when you have a good connection with the remote computer everything can be done from there. In the western world most people have far better internet speed than here in Thailand.

The only problem here is the speed during prime time , so I do my remote work early mornings or during the day local time.

• Like 1

I usually don't use the transfer file function for installation files. Too big, too slow.

I remote in then use their browser to direct it to download relevant software using their higher-speed connection then run the install process (and enter any relevant install keys).

Thanks, did that with the older guy's machine as well, but was just thinking how to put a new program on a machine in let's say Germany.

But you've already answered my question. Thanks a lot again. You're the man. Cheers-thumbsup.gif

Same here, when you have a good connection with the remote computer everything can be done from there. In the western world most people have far better internet speed than here in Thailand.

The only problem here is the speed during prime time , so I do my remote work early mornings or during the day local time.

Thanks, a very valid point to consider, combined with the time difference. Khop Khun La Lai....thumbsup.gif