Galaxy St from the UK

bkkmick

A mate came over from the UK and gave me his Galaxy S5.

I put my True SIM card into it. I can make and receive calls, send and receive text messages but I cannot get the internet to work over 3G (it works over my wi-fi).

I've tried as many settings as I could find but but to no avail.

Do you think True can sort it out or does it need taken to MBK to be unlocked ?

Thanks

Mick

What's the specific model #, and what service was it on?

SM-G900F
2G GSM
B8 (GSM 850MHz), B10 (E-GSM 900MHz), B13 (DCS 1800MHz), B14 (PCS 1900MHz)
3G UMTS
B1 (IMT 2100MHz), B2 (PCS 1900MHz), B5 (US 850MHz Cellular), B8 (GSM 900MHz)
4G LTE
B1 (2100), B2 (1900), B3 (1800), B5 (850), B7 (2600), B8 (900), B20 (800) dependent on market support

If the phone accepted the SIM without displaying an error message, and it lets you make/receive calls then the phone is probably already SIM Unlocked.

Are you in a 4G LTE network area?

Have you checked the APN settings, make sure they match what's needed for TrueMove-H?

Edited by RichCor

Hi RchCor

I can see the model number is, as you suggested, SM-G900F. I cannot see B1, B2 etc anywhere in the About Device.

Any yes, there is no error message when I put the SIM in.

Not sure about the 4G bit as I don't have it. One of my daughters and my wife do, I see the 4G icon from time to time.

Scratching my head!

Cheers

Mick

B1, B2 refer to the frequency BAND the Mobile Device or Carrier/Operator are licensed to use. While Band 5, 8 ,1 are referenced, most people will use the actual frequency of 850, 900, 2100 when referring to the service.

You phone is compatible with both 3G (UMTS/HSPA+) and 4G (LTE) Service. TrueMove-H provides both, but only in certain area. If the SIM can connect to data Internet service (browse the Internet) in another device then it should also work in your Samsung Galaxy S5 so long as the phone DATA is enabled and is using the correct APN settings.

A 3G, H, H+, or LTE logo should appear on the status bar of the phone when each of those services are detected.

Do any of these logos appear on your phone?

Have you checked/verified the APN settings?

TrueMove-H APN .pdf