Swampy to Surin 5,000 Bt

kanderson

Stoneyboy, 1st class & VIP buses usually only stop at the designated stops (except at the end of the trip where they'll let you get out early if they're driving past your house/village etc).

Which solves most of the problems involved with buses. 2nd class buses are a nightmare, took one once as it was leaving 1h before the first 1st class bus, the 1st class bus arrived 2h earlier & would have been significantly more comfortable (had some smelly hobo, like literally hadn't had a shower for weeks smelly, standing in the aisle/sitting on my armrest for about 4h of the 10h trip (usually 7h).

But yeah, buses are cheap, I'd much rather take a bus than drive if it's just me, as it's more relaxing (and cheaper).

Taxis are simply too expensive for a 500km+ trip, literally 4x the cost of flying. Even if you live in the countryside like we do, it'd be cheaper & less travel time to fly then take a taxi or Tuktuk from the airport to our town.

Only reason I can see to take a taxi is if you had a group of 3-4 people, & even then the bus would be cheaper, so it's only be worthwhile if you wanted to make stops on the way (maybe visit some temples etc). Or of course if you're simply not concerned about price & simply want the "easiest" way from the international airport to your town/village.