Suvarnabhumi airport expects 20% rise in international visitors during Songkran festival

webfact

Suvarnabhumi airport expects 20% rise in international visitors during Songkran festival

6-4-2558-14-51-21-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Suvarnabhumi airport expects rising passengers during the Songkran festival from April 9-19 with foreign tourists increasing 20%.

Airport director Prapon Patamakijsakul said the airport expects 1,760,000 passengers during the period, or 160,500 passengers a day.

Breakdown of total passengers is 1.47 million foreign passengers, and 200,000 domestic passengers.

By comparing with the Songkran period last year, passenger traffic rose 17%.

However if taking into consideration of foreign passengers, it represents a 20% rise this year, while domestic passengers rising slightly at 0.23%.

For international flight during the Songkran festival, he said it rises 11% while domestic flight falls 6.762%.

He said during the Songkran period, 19 airlines have sought to increase flights to Thailand.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suvarnabhumi-airport-expects-20-rise-in-international-visitors-during-songkran-festival

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-04-06

Twenty per % cent seems a little high for such an occasion , Songkran is like a circus, you seen one you've seen them all, why would you specially go to Thailand for SongKran , that is anybody's guess and choice, those nomadic hordes from behind the great wall might be interested , I didn't dare use that Quality word, ops sorry. coffee1.gif

Twenty per % cent seems a little high for such an occasion , Songkran is like a circus, you seen one you've seen them all, why would you specially go to Thailand for SongKran , that is anybody's guess and choice, those nomadic hordes from behind the great wall might be interested , I didn't dare use that Quality word, ops sorry. coffee1.gif

Last year I was at home for songkran, my son and his girlfriend stopped over on their way home from Australia, we went to Pak Tong Chai and they had a fantastic time, they even said it was better than Hogmany at home in Scotland, it was very friendly and zero trouble from what I could see, we then drove down to Patts and took in songkran there and I hated it, there wasn't much fun, and it was the farangs who were taking things a bit too far, you never saw Thais soaking females in their breasts of groin area, but pissed up farangs were going out their way to be obnoxious and unpleasant, and the ice cold water with chunks of ice in it was hurting some toursist that hasn't a clue as to what was going on.

That 20% ain't coming from Russia, that's for sure and like most things connected to TaT it's like believing your kids when they tell you the tooth fairy has been !!

• Like 2

That's not news. News is reporting things that have happened, not guessing what might happen. That's BS!

But in that case all news would be negative, which is not allowed by General Happiness, so it is either predictions or no news.

.......Yup! 20% increase of idiots, Jerks, and scumbags toting their big water guns for fun!

The Thai Police need to be more vigil for theses over aged children, and at first sign of trouble, lock them up and have them post their beer money to get out of jail. Do we really need these type of tourists coming here? Is Thailand that desperate for $$$$. that any one that fits the description of a potential bar brawler allowed in?

Also, anyone coming in on a tourist visa should not be allowed extensions or convert a tourist visa into a 90 visa. Thirty day hangover is long enough! Send them home!

Edited by Daniel Ingalls

Have always gone to the partners village for Songkran (many years) and it has always been good. The local buddha temple puts on a fantastic concert at night, no trouble, just the village people having a good time. This will be the first year we have ever stayed in Patong and I'm already thinking is this a bad decision. Anyone been here during this time and what should we expect?