very good cardiologist and a serious pharmacy in Pattaya or Jomtien

domdom

Hello

I need a very good cardiologist around Pattaya ... Pls do you have advice or recos ??

I am also looking for a good chemist as I was told lots of small chemists sell false medications and I also don't want to buy from BPH paying twice the normal price..

Anu advice would be appreciated

Thanks a lot

Have a good night

Fascino Phamacy on Pattaya Nua gets good reports, the only cardiologist I have dealt with was in QS Satahip so not Pattaya. Might be worth checking out the new City Hospital on Soi Bukaho they say they now provide a full range of services.

Thanks a lot but Fascino is according to what I hear very expensive also... Boots would be I think cheaper in this case...

I would like a reco from somebody who has found and checked upon a good cardiologist..

Did you have one in QS Sattahip ?? because their website is in thai and I cannot find anything on it.. We went there yesterday in fact.. but closed for holiday, only emergencies.. QSHospital is not that far as we live after Jomtien.. If they have good level practicians

Have a nice day

Suggest you check price of medication you want at Fascino, in my experience they are more likely to have the medication and at a better price than anywhere else in Pattaya.

One caution, if you take generic medication, insist on that at Fascino, their staff seems to be trained to try to sell you the most expensive name brand drug first.

Hello

I will check with Fascino then.. I saw lots of reports saying they are terribly expensive.. Yesterday I went and checked in a pharmacy in Big C Pattaya Tai... (not boots as chemist was not there but the one on 2nd floor).. Already the medicine is half price compared to Chaopya Hospital BGK where I did my checking last week and who wanted to sell me the medicine.. saying I would not find it anywhere else than in an hospital.. I felt kind of ripped off..

Thanks..

Have a nice day..

One thing, you speak about Fascino Pattaya Nua... I live Jomtien side.. and I know only one Fascino which is at the corner of Bangkok Pattaya Hospital..

Is there a price difference between different fascino shops ?? because I think there is one on Pattaya Tai...

Where is the PATTAYA Nua Fascino, please ??

Have a nice day

There are a number of Fascino branches in Pattaya, the main branch is on Pattaya Nua just opposite Tesco Lotus and they supply the other branches. One branch on Pattaya Tai opposite Chaimongkol Temple, another on Soi Khatalo about one hundred meters after the railway line going east. I saw the cardiologist in QR a couple of years ago but I had nothing serious ( a blip on my ECG) so not sure how you would rate him, I found him knowledgable and easy to talk to.

Fascino has competitive pricing will cost less than Boots etc for the same thing. I don't know where you heard that it is expensive, but not the case. of course, need to be sure you get a locally made brand where available.

For a really good cardiologist you should come into Bangkok. I highly recommend Dr,. Taworn at Bangkok Christian Hospital on Saturday mornings.

Never fill; prescriptions at a hospital (unless the drug is a controlled one limited to hospitals) there is always a very large mark-up

Hello,

Went to Fascino today... they are little less expensive than the pharmacy in the Big C Pattaya Tai chemist with the card.. BUT... they don't have and can't have one of the medication.. I will then stick to the first option, Big C Pattaya Chemist... as it will be simplier to get everything at one place only even paying a few hundred bahts more per month..

For the cardiologist, we already had an appointment in BGK.. My point is to find a cardiologist in Pattaya in case of emergency, I don't have time to rush my husband immediately to BGK, so the option would be a Pattaya hospital to stabilize and then ambulance to Bangkok..

Thanks to all of you

Have a nice day

BPH is extremely expensive (more so than the top hospitals in Bkk), and cost seems to be a consideration here.

In the event of an emergency I would suggest going to the ER of the nearest large government hospital (Pattaya Hosp in Bang Lamung in this case probably) and from there request an ambulance to the Bkk hospital of choice,

Hello

Yes I know they are extremely expensive.. but in case of emergency, will be BPH and transfer to Bangkok Hospital BGK

I don't trust public hospitals in this case of emergencies and prefer to pay to make sure he receives the best treatment.. except if you know an excellent cardiologist in Banglamung Hospital I could then contact and inform about the case and take as a regular cardiologist..

Have a good afternoon

Yes, they do, though you don't get the discount the first time you buy, you do afterwards and it is I think 10% off.

5% and get generic. They are the best in Pattaya,all stores charge the same price have used them for 10 years

• 1 month later...

I can recommend an excellent cardiologist in pattaya,Dr Suthep from the BPH,excellent doctor who has treated my husband on two occasions while we have been in jomtien,in fact saved my husbands life on these occasions, before and after surgery care excellent went out of his way to make sure we were looked after even gave us his mobile phone number in case of any queries!.he also works from Bangkok hospital as well,not the cheapest but the best!,hope this helps,as regards to pharmacys I use BPH pharmacy for heart drugs certainly not cheapest option but mind reassuring.

If for some reason a good cardiologist is needed in Bangkok, I can recommend Dr. ARAM CHUSID from Bumrungrad. He is a resident doctor at Bumrungrad, not one of those freelancers who come to work there for a day or two but actually run their own small clinic and try to sell you unnecessary things.

very straightforward and knows his stuff

Hello

Thank you.. We met day before yesterday Dr aRNON sUWANPASAK in BPH..

We were very pleased with him.. Over one hour consultancy taking into account all the back ground and checking all exams results we had.. He changed one medication for statins and gave us a new appointment for june 12th as he wants to check if statins don't have side effects on my husband..

Price was correct 2000 bahts.. but again medicine was very expensive (I took there as I need time to organize from another place) 3600 bahts for 30 tablets..

Since my first post, I found all medicine I needed in the chemist of Big C Pattaya Tai (not Boots on ground floor but the one located on 1st floor before supermarket entrance) called FD or something similar.. Price is half compared to quotation I had had in Chao Pya hospital..

Have a nice day.