Digital box

allexx

RichCor, on 07 Apr 2015 - 16:37, said:

Why would a Cable Service give you a DVB-T2 Terrestrial TV Set Top Box? [ TiT? ]

Digital terrestrial television (DTTV or DTT) is a technological evolution of broadcast television and an advancement over analog television. DTTV broadcasts land-based (terrestrial) signals. The advantages of digital terrestrial television, are similar to digital versus analog in platforms such as cable, satellite, and all telecommunications. The efficient use of spectrum and provision of more capacity than analog, better quality images, and lower operating costs for broadcast and transmission (after the initial upgrade costs). A terrestrial implementation of digital television (DTV) technology uses an aerial to broadcast to a conventional television antenna (or aerial) instead of a satellite dish or cable television connection.

You answer my question with a question.

So yet again: Anyone tried this digital box from Sophon Cable TV Pattaya? Is it any good?

The reason I asked a question with a question is that a DVB-T2 receiver is used exclusively with an external television antenna (or aerial) to receive Over-the-Air channels.

So far as I know, Sophon Cable doesn't work with it. At all.

Since the previous Over-the-Air Analog TV Service (received by antenna (or aerial) will cease to exist, replace by the DVB-T2 Digital Over-the-Air service, all Thais wishing to continue to receive the free Over-the-Air video channels must add a DTB-T2 Set-Top-Box to each TV they use.

Sophon Cable *may* be an authorized distribution point for Thais wanting to purchase the DVB-T2 Digital TV boxes.

So I'm very confused why Sophon Cable would give you one for Free.

RichCor, on 08 Apr 2015 - 01:08, said:

The reason I asked a question with a question is that a DVB-T2 receiver is used exclusively with an external television antenna (or aerial) to receive Over-the-Air channels.

So far as I know, Sophon Cable doesn't work with it. At all.

Since the previous Over-the-Air Analog TV Service (received by antenna (or aerial) will cease to exist, replace by the DVB-T2 Digital Over-the-Air service, all Thais wishing to continue to receive the free Over-the-Air video channels must add a DTB-T2 Set-Top-Box to each TV they use.

Sophon Cable *may* be an authorized distribution point for Thais wanting to purchase the DVB-T2 Digital TV boxes.

So I'm very confused why Sophon Cable would give you one for Free.

Coz I paid one year subscription upfront...a gift

• 2 months later...

Got a message today from the Thai post, that i have to pick up a digital TV box, that Sophon sent to me, so apparently they want all customers to use this receiver.

I really hope, that the cable will not been stopped by Sophon, because i use more TV's on the same Sophon cable in my house.