Drugtest In Nightclubs

mauli

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO! I will not take any drugs in Thailand. I'm not crazy!!!

But if somebody took drugs in the US or Europe and goes to Thailand and is test in a nighttclub, wht happens then?

youre in the sh*t then, so dont do anything before coming over plain and simple unless you want free accomodation at the BKK Hilton

this is nuts...

I agree: I have not taken any illegal drugs since I was a foolish student, 20 years ago.

It does seem unfair, if you indulge in your home country, and then are detected in the L.O.S. by the B.I.B. following compulsory micturation into a test tube.

Bad luck for THC enthusiasts: {it} has a long half-life: you need six weeks off the weed, to be negative in the wee'd.

this is nuts...

I agree: I have not taken any illegal drugs since I was a foolish student, 20 years ago.

It does seem unfair, if you indulge in your home country, and then are detected in the L.O.S. by the B.I.B. following compulsory micturation into a test tube.

Bad luck for THC enthusiasts: {it} has a long half-life: you need six weeks off the weed, to be negative in the wee'd.

I wouldn't worry about THC at all ... it is a much more expensive and slow test ...

However Meth/Amphetamines/Coke/andH all can test with a simple metabolite eyedropper test ....

(meth is what is most commonly tested for .... yaabaa)

this is nuts...

I wouldn't worry about THC at all ... it is a much more expensive and slow test ...

However Meth/Amphetamines/Coke/andH all can test with a simple metabolite eyedropper test ....

(meth is what is most commonly tested for .... yaabaa)

Amphetamines clear your body in about 7 days, make sure you don't do anything for 2 weeks and you will be clear.

The chance of getting tested is very small, they do do random tests, but rarely, and recently it's been mostly just staff in the bars, not customers. Better to be safe than sorry tho.

Yet another initiative by the Thai govt to do the impossible.. stop drugs. They will never stop it or reduce it , it will continue forever.

What the Thai govt can't or won't grasp, is that a high percentage of tourists come to Thailand because it has this seedy, sex-driven , corruption-ridden atmosphere . Thats what they like. If they want a sanitised holiday they can go to Singapore , or stay at home come to that !!

I say leave Thailand alone, to be run by Thais the way THEY want it to be not the way the West is striving (and slowly succeeding) to make it run. If they don't they will lose the hand that feeds it . How many farang here can say that Thailand was not better back in the 1990's before Taksin made practically everything against the law?

Yet another initiative by the Thai govt to do the impossible.. stop drugs. They will never stop it or reduce it , it will continue forever.

What the Thai govt can't or won't grasp, is that a high percentage of tourists come to Thailand because it has this seedy, sex-driven , corruption-ridden atmosphere . Thats what they like. If they want a sanitised holiday they can go to Singapore , or stay at home come to that !!

I say leave Thailand alone, to be run by Thais the way THEY want it to be not the way the West is striving (and slowly succeeding) to make it run. If they don't they will lose the hand that feeds it . How many farang here can say that Thailand was not better back in the 1990's before Taksin made practically everything against the law?

I can tell you needed to get that out of your system, dont stop therem let it all out brother

NO! I will not take any drugs in Thailand. I'm not crazy!!!

But if somebody took drugs in the US or Europe and goes to Thailand and is test in a nighttclub, wht happens then?

Losers do drugs. Losers get busted.Losers winge and moan.Losers are always looking for a loophole or an excuse.Losers lose.Be a winner and avoid the issue all together.

Edited by kiakaha

Would you care to do a bit of research on drug penalties in Thailand?

Hi Donz,

Yes you are very perceptive, i did feel the need to get that out. :o

Its just that i remember Thailand , specifically Bangkok, in the 1990's when Chuen Leekpai and Chavalit and Banharn were in charge and they really didn't care about interfering in tourists lives (or indeed Thai lives) they just let it all happen. Whatever.

Bangkok was fun , fun fun. Now the last few times i have been back its much more dull, cant do this , cant do that , and all my Thai friends still there are telling me what an awful , controlled place its becoming.

Anyway i'll say no more .. unless of course you want me to :D

Hi Donz,

Yes you are very perceptive, i did feel the need to get that out. :D

Its just that i remember Thailand , specifically Bangkok, in the 1990's when Chuen Leekpai and Chavalit and Banharn were in charge and they really didn't care about interfering in tourists lives (or indeed Thai lives) they just let it all happen. Whatever.

Bangkok was fun , fun fun. Now the last few times i have been back its much more dull, cant do this , cant do that , and all my Thai friends still there are telling me what an awful , controlled place its becoming.

Dull because you can't take drugs? :D ?

As others have said if you fancy a long holiday at the BKK Hilton just carry on "speeding".

Are your Thai friends yaabaa dealers by any chance..... :o

I wasn't going to participate in this thread anymore , having put my views very clearly, but having been asccused by dereklev of being a drug addict who moves with a crowd of drug dealers , i suppose i had better explain a bit more. :o

I thought my post was clear in that i was talking about the country and BKK in particular when i said it was fun , fun , fun and now is duller. Not about drugs especially. As it happens , i don't take drugs, or smoke or drink alcohol. A real pure guy . However i don't see why those who want to can't. An example i was referring to when i said its becoming so controlled, is the latest lunacy of the govt restricting the hours you can buy alcohol (i can't recall the detail but isn't it something stupid like only between this and this , and then you can't for a couple of hours , and then you can again).

And can i ask , is anyone here seriously suggesting that smoking pot or taking "e" should result in being sent to an inhunan jail for any length of time , let alone the years you would get in Thailand. Its crazy .

Look , people know the dangers of taking drugs, they all do , so why should we bother if they want to continue. I don't tell you to stop smoking because it will give you cancer, you know that , if you choose to continue why should anyone stop you .? Its your choice. Same with alcohol and same with drugs and glue sniffing and all the rest. Why should drugs be illegal and not smoking? Potentially they can both kill , and potentially they could both not kill you .

I prefer the days back in BKK when the pavements were littered with smokers , alcoholics, beggers, druggies and the rest.

Didn't bother me , why should it bother you ?

Its life and no-one can or will stop it . The best they can do is drive it away from public view. Well whats that achieved. Do it on the street or in the home , whats the difference.

People, and governments, should let people chose how they want to live their lives .

Drug testing happens. If you take drugs beware. Who cares where you took em, if you're tested positive, you got probs maestro. The Dude has no probs with night club drug testing in Thailand

what if i don't need to urinate when I'm asked to? Are they holding me then until I urinate? Is this legal?

Drug testing happens. If you take drugs beware. Who cares where you took em, if you're tested positive, you got probs maestro. The Dude has no probs with night club drug testing in Thailand

what if i don't need to urinate when I'm asked to? Are they holding me then until I urinate? Is this legal?

Yes and Yes

mauli: Or should I call you manali

It might be wiser for you to holiday in Amsterdam.

You won't get thrown into a nasty jail there; in fact you might get to spend time on the new;

Strafrechtelijke Opvang Verslaafden

a nice comfortable drug takers rehabilitation programme.

I wouldn't risk taking drugs in Thailand, a few nights ago I was sitting havin a quiet few on sukhumvit, drunk english tourist sparked up a joint right there on the street.. took the police all of two minutes to arrest him... quite ironic that he'd just finished a rant in my direction about him having Thailand understood after his week long holiday.

Singapore randomly checks arrivals at the airport for drugs, even if you have taken them outside the country. A couple a few weeks ago got 10 years each after smoking weed in oz and returning home...

...the govt restricting the hours you can buy alcohol (i can't recall the detail but isn't it something stupid like only between this and this , and then you can't for a couple of hours , and then you can again).
That was good old England, as I remember it, but I understand things have changed recently.

--------------

Maestro

Hi Donz,

Yes you are very perceptive, i did feel the need to get that out. :D

Dull because you can't take drugs? :D ?

As others have said if you fancy a long holiday at the BKK Hilton just carry on "speeding".

Are your Thai friends yaabaa dealers by any chance..... :o

I don't think he meant taking drugs, but the new laws are annoying to everyone whether you take drugs or not.

Thailand is more controlled and it is less fun in some ways. Having to go home at 1am unless you want to drink on a street side. Not being able to smoke in Public places (this is coming in nov 06, it's been shown in the royal gazette already, post dated.). Random drugs tests in bars, your night ruined just for being in a legal nightspot regardless of whether you take drugs or not.

Difficulty being able to drive at night due to closure of petrol stations. Purchase of alcohol during day time difficult due to sales restrictions.

Toned down shows in the nightlife areas. Not a big deal, but I have more fun looking at a girl in her birthday suit than a swim costume.

However many things have improved since the 90's. Such as better nightlcubs, better music, more things to do in bkk, and much better shopping. Although many items still too expensive. :D

It's obvious to all that control is greater now than the late 90's. IMHO that makes it less fun, although the city itself is better.

If when Thaksin is gone enforcement of certain laws is relaxed, or new laws made to extend opening hours etc then I think Bangkok will once again be the most fun city in the world.

I do believe we'll go back to how it was sooner or later.