Ruble to Thai Bat (or USD) hits 2015 high

"Ruble to Thai Baht (or USD) hits 2015 high Rubble rises as oil prices rise."

The ruble has been totally in the cellar. Who would it surprise if it went up a bit with higher oil prices since the Russians can't produce anything but oil?

Edited by NeverSure

The ruble has been totally in the cellar. Who would it surprise if it went up a bit with higher oil prices since the Russians can't produce anything but oil?

the Ruble is indeed still in the cellar but Russian Bonds, corporates and sovereigns denominated in US-Dollars, are flying.

• Like 1

the Ruble is indeed still in the cellar but Russian Bonds, corporates and sovereigns denominated in US-Dollars, are flying.

More like back from the dead. I wouldn't expect the Ruble to be back anywhere near where it was for the foreseeable future. I think that's a positive thing. Russian tourists bring very little to the party and Putin is a nightmare. All in all I'm glad to see the decline of the ruble. Som nam na, Putin. clap2.gif