EMS Intl - is there *any* tracking at all at the destination ?

MrWorldwide

I know - plenty of warnings re lack of decent tracking for EMS shipments - but seeing 'Origin Post is Preparing Shipment' day after day on the USPS site (they seem to take over when it reaches the US), a week after I shipped the package to the US is getting old. I read somewhere else that they often dont bother updating that until *after* the recipient has taken delivery - to date I've had neither confirmation nor complaint from the recipient so I'll leave it till tomorrow afternoon. This is one area where DHL give you constant confirmation that your package is indeed bouncing around the globe, albeit at an eye-watering price.

The one time I used EMS to mail (checks for deposit) it took more than a week in the Denver area before it was delivered - they claimed nobody available to sign at post office branch that hold bank account box. Although I was getting something like "delivery attempt failed".

i recently EMS my US tax forms tp IRS, for the 1st 2 weeks all the tracking info would say it is at BKK airport, just about the 30day period since mailing EMS updated the tracking info saying it was in swampy for 10 days and then another 10 days in US customs, and then it was delivered to IRS

Maybe we're already past this, but as reference. Any package shipped by EMS to a country which is a part of the Universal Postal Union (so those of you mailing stuff to to Upper Outer Mongoistan are outta luck) can be tracked.

Once it's left the country of origin you can follow this link to track. You use the same tracking number that ThaiPost give you for EMS:

http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/

• Like 1

Maybe we're already past this, but as reference. Any package shipped by EMS to a country which is a part of the Universal Postal Union (so those of you mailing stuff to to Upper Outer Mongoistan are outta luck) can be tracked.

Once it's left the country of origin you can follow this link to track. You use the same tracking number that ThaiPost give you for EMS:

http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/

Thanks but that didnt really help in this case - up there with the useless message USPS is giving me.

No tracking information is available from UNITED STATES

USPS has gone down. The last 3 years or so. And it's become too expensive. i'm sorry to hear so much slackness with EMS / International Express on the USA side. i've never had an exception with it taking about 8 days including weekends from USA to SA.