Service for an Audi Q5

• 3 months later...

Curious what happened with MTM? They are known as an aftermarkets source of Audi performance parts so they should be quite familiar with basic servicing.

You could try Yongtrakit. Might be a bit more expensive but the owner is a big Audi fan and has a collection of R8s, TTs, etc.

Yeah a bit disappointing. I'd been waiting a month for a new suspension part. They asked me to drop the car off in Tuesday which I did. I told them if possible I would need to the car by the weekend and they said no problem. Thursday they said they hadn't even looked at it yet. My wife told them we really needed the car for the weekend. They then texted her Friday and said we could come an pick it up. I did and discovered it had still no been fixed and they hadn't even informed me. We complained and they said they would come and pick it up today. Then they called today and said we had to pay the money first to get the part (even though they said they'd ordered it a month ago) and it would take another week to get the part and an additional 4 days to fix.

Overall just horrendous service and flat out lying. When we try and contact them they never pick up their phones. Anyway I would avoid this place as they've really just waisted my time and my wife is fuming.

Sorry I'm writing this oh my phone so excuse my grammar etc.

OB

Last year I put down a deposit with that MTM dealer for a Skoda Octavia Estate - nice car with the VW turbo diesel and dual clutch and all the extras.

3 months later after several,follow up calls to check on progress and assurances all was fine, when the order was due to be delivered - turns out our order hadn't been placed with the headquarters etc, apparently the colour we wanted was not so popular... But we have black in stock - "do you want it" or wait another 3 months and then for sure it'll be here..... Yeah, right.

We did get our deposit back ( mainly due to a good friend knowing the father of the useless son running the show).

Dodged a bullet with that one - if you can read thai you can read all about their dreadful service online - owners love the cars but woe betide any servicing issues or spare parts needed etc...

Shame.

Edited by coops

Thanks a lot. Yeah I absolutely love the car and have had no issues except for this. It's a THB 5k part and I think we are up to week 6 of the saga now. Once I do finally get it fixed will certainly give A8 a shot next service. Thanks to everyone for their replies.

OB

• 5 months later...

Hey guys,

I plan to buy Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI (This is the car of my dreams and finally I got a chance to have one), after reading this thread I want to know better what I’m getting into… so If you are or was Audi Q5 owner I need your help in sharing your experience owning this kind or car in Thailand (Bangkok) like maintenance costs, where to do it? Any problem you may had with it. I will appreciate any bit of information!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I plan to buy Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI (This is the car of my dreams and finally I got a chance to have one), after reading this thread I want to know better what I’m getting into… so If you are or was Audi Q5 owner I need your help in sharing your experience owning this kind or car in Thailand (Bangkok) like maintenance costs, where to do it? Any problem you may had with it. I will appreciate any bit of information!

Thanks!

It's an awesome car and I love driving it. It's also incredibly safe. I've had mine for a year now. Downsides are that if you need a part it takes time. I used to live on a soi with massive holes in the drains as the vendors used to set up across from them. One of my suspension bushings went and it took about 3 weeks for a replacement. I still don't regret ever buying it.

For servicing I use Mudd at MTM and it cost about 7k. It does burn through oil though so need to keep an eye on that. Pm me if you want to know anything else

OB