Udon Thani continues safety upgrade for railroad crossings

webfact

UDON THANI, 9 April 2015 (NNT) – 19 Local Administrative Organizations in Udon Thani are urged to take care of the safety features of railroad crossings in the province to prevent the accident during Songkran holidays.

The Governor of Udon Thani Noppawat Singsakda has inspected the province's safety and accident prevention measures for railroad crossing in the Nong Khon Kwang subdistrict of Mueang Udon Thani district. This railroad crossing was the location of a fatal accident that happened during the previous New Year holiday.

After his observation, he praised the Ban Chan and Nong Khon Kwang subdistrict municipalities' accomplishments for improving the safety instruments at this crossing.

Provincial staff will be stationed at this level crossing during 9-16 April 2015 to provide assistance and assure the safety to the traffic crossing the railway. Information on the train timetable from the Nong Khon Kwang railway station will also be provided.

There are 59 railroad crossings in Udon Thani province under the supervision of 19 Local Administrative Organizations. Only 15 of the crossings are equipped with barriers, while the rest are awaiting equipment from the State Railway of Thailand, thus temporary safety solutions are required.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-04-10 footer_n.gif

I was annoyed that last week the railway crossing from UD Town to Nong Bua Lake car park was closed as it was a great short cut on my bicycle ride to avoid the traffic chaos of the road crossing. Maybe this explains why. I suppose that this is a sensible measure given the increased possibility of an accident during Songkran. I do hope it reopens at some point.

Provincial staff will be stationed at this level crossing during 9-16 April 2015

There are 59 railroad crossings in Udon Thani province under the supervision of 19 Local Administrative Organizations. Only 15 of the crossings are equipped with barriers, while the rest are awaiting equipment from the State Railway of Thailand, thus temporary safety solutions are required.

Cheap propaganda - really. Read the header :

And what are they doing blahh - the other 58 crossings are still unsafe

Good, they need to upgrade most of the trains and tracks

REALLY ,

Upgrading ,,, means we are going to have more, foreigner farang ... UDON ,, Not Want .

Aka. . mickey mouse teachers , Soi Sump is full of them .

Check and verify .thier digree .,,, KP. all is forgiven , the past is past , we need you now .Kap.wai2.gif

There are too many of the undesirable cast here . a cull is needed

i could not have a seat in UD town tonight with Mia Noy . I serious so much , Kap

Devalue the pound , euro and dollar , etc . ASAP .Selective Alien , WELCOME thumbsup.gif

Edited by elliss