New Fortuner 2015

mr_lob

I dropped in to see my local Toyota dealer and check the status of the new Fortuner. Apparently the salesmen will go for training in June with an expected launch in Aug/Sept. They said it is all new, with new engine and electronics, including seven airbags and possibly a power rear door (or is that a tailgate?). We'll have to see if this actually comes to fruition...

Oh, and expected price around 2mm.

Yep, that is what I've also heard and previously posted.

All PPV's will be going up in price next year, in line with tax increases - all top models will be getting closer to 2M Baht then.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gents,

Most important question is: will the 3rd row seats finally fold to the floor or are we still stuck with the "curtain" ones?

Txs!

I haven't seen any spy shots of the interior or a brochure yet, but you'd hope the 3rd row isn't a complete afterthought this time around, as Aussies designed this one... It might even fit adults in, or at least Aussie-sized teenagers smile.png

Edited by IMHO

Gents,

Most important question is: will the 3rd row seats finally fold to the floor or are we still stuck with the "curtain" ones?

Txs!

I forgot to ask but that is a great question. I have to go back on Friday so I will try to remember to ask.

It takes time for Toyo to gather enough Old Lexus bits to launch an All New Toyota anything. Its not just Toyo. the All New Honda Civic will be 2 Years old before we see one with the superb new auto box.sad.png

This promises to be the first Civic I will ever own. Beats the crap out of the Accord. Looks superb, but not sure if we'll see it in this form in Thailand:

2016-honda-civic-1.jpg

http://www.gizmag.com/2016-honda-civic-coupe-sedan-scoop-images/37071/pictures#6

What is it with the current trend of designing cars that look like they have had an elephant sit on the side of it ?

Gents, Fords in Thailand are in large a Mazda. Chevrolet in Thailand are in large a Isuzu. They will be just as good as the Japanese heritage allows them to be. Most of the parts are shared between most makes anyway. Same air cond compressor no matter what brand as an example, same instruments with different face designs, etc. The ride and handling might be different but the reliability will be the same as a Mazda or an Isuzu.

That’s true but of course Isuzu has higher resale value than the other three..

It takes time for Toyo to gather enough Old Lexus bits to launch an All New Toyota anything. Its not just Toyo. the All New Honda Civic will be 2 Years old before we see one with the superb new auto box.sad.png

This promises to be the first Civic I will ever own. Beats the crap out of the Accord. Looks superb, but not sure if we'll see it in this form in Thailand:

2016-honda-civic-1.jpg

http://www.gizmag.com/2016-honda-civic-coupe-sedan-scoop-images/37071/pictures#6

Look forward to the diesel version...giggle.gif

Gents, Fords in Thailand are in large a Mazda. Chevrolet in Thailand are in large a Isuzu. They will be just as good as the Japanese heritage allows them to be. Most of the parts are shared between most makes anyway. Same air cond compressor no matter what brand as an example, same instruments with different face designs, etc. The ride and handling might be different but the reliability will be the same as a Mazda or an Isuzu.

That’s true but of course Isuzu has higher resale value than the other three..

yes, plus Isuzu is totally different from the Chevy.

Was talikg to a toyota guy at the Revo release show and he said new fortuner arrives in another 2 months.

Will it share the Revo's revolutionary "good looks" thumbsup.gif

Probably, but it will surely share the Revo's "mind control" programming which will pull hoards of the usual blank-faced customers to the Toyota dealers with their down payments.

Was talikg to a toyota guy at the Revo release show and he said new fortuner arrives in another 2 months.

Will it share the Revo's revolutionary "good looks" thumbsup.gif

Probably just the much praised front end and inside, not the back end.

My Old Tuna bought new in January 2006, changed the wheels a while back as Dogs pizz had started to corrode the originals, over 9 years of trouble free motoring, I removed my 3rd row of seats and stored them away, now I have a 5 seater with a big storage area at the back, when I bought the Tuna it was 1,249,000 top of the range.

post-131375-0-70433000-1432461121_thumb.

Would I stump up nearly 2 Million for a new one, I don't think so, this one still goes great and has never let me down, great motor for Thailand.

I have just never got why so many people have problems with a car they don't own, are they intimidated by Fortuners when they sit low down in their cars, do they have the same problems with 4x4 Vigos ? I know I felt weird in the wifes Honda City when surrounded by Vigos , Tunas, or any other of the 4x4's, but I never pre judged the drivers, I mean, that would be the stuff of jealous schoolboys right ?

He's got a Big Bike, ( he must have a small dix ) you know, that type of childish thinking, schoolyard stuff.

i had just had it waxed and cleaned for it's 9th Birthday. biggrin.png

Edited by Banzai99

My Old Tuna bought new in January 2006, changed the wheels a while back as Dogs pizz had started to corrode the originals, over 9 years of trouble free motoring, I removed my 3rd row of seats and stored them away, now I have a 5 seater with a big storage area at the back, when I bought the Tuna it was 1,249,000 top of the range.

You are similar to me as i have a 4x4 vigo from new 8 year old and when you have had no problems with a vehicle how can i change the old girl for a revo at nearly 1.2 million why fix what isnt broken

attachicon.gifIMG_2135.JPG

Would I stump up nearly 2 Million for a new one, I don't think so, this one still goes great and has never let me down, great motor for Thailand.

I have just never got why so many people have problems with a car they don't own, are they intimidated by Fortuners when they sit low down in their cars, do they have the same problems with 4x4 Vigos ? I know I felt weird in the wifes Honda City when surrounded by Vigos , Tunas, or any other of the 4x4's, but I never pre judged the drivers, I mean, that would be the stuff of jealous schoolboys right ?

He's got a Big Bike, ( he must have a small dix ) you know, that type of childish thinking, schoolyard stuff.

i had just had it waxed and cleaned for it's 9th Birthday. biggrin.png