New Fortuner 2015

mr_lob

We wanted to order an additional Fortuner for our company yesterday and were told by the Toyota Sales Team that we should wait for the new model because it is due to be released soon.

I have not been able to find a definite date on the internet but if it looks like this, then it's worth waiting a few months I reckon:

toyota-fortuner-2016-uae-600x450.jpg

Anyone else heard owt?

Cheers

Lob

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks good, but if it's going to be released soon, it should have been shown at the Bangkok Motor Show!?.

Unlike Ford I suspect Toyota will release the new Tuna when they are actually able to supply them.

I heard sometime around October.

October/November sounds somewhat plausible.

Recently my stepson wanted to buy a Toyota pickup.

I was aware that a new model is coming and urged to ask.

The sales clerk said "about November".

So quite likely that pickup and Fortuner will come out same time.

In the internet you find some "Fortuner 2016" sources.

Like this video with pictures from camouflage test drives e.g.

Do yourself a favour, get the new Ford Everest, far superior to all similar priced models and that includes a new Fortuner.

(DELETED) - the Ford is a piece of (DELETED) compared to the fortuner. The engine is loud, there's a second or so inverval until the gear kicks in, underpowered and too heavy. I had a new Everest and hated it! Before that I had a Fortuner and now I, again!!! have a new Fortuner and am in heaven! Ford is USA (DELETED) with a very bad resale value. A Fortuner always sells much higher when sold 2nd hand.

Advising someone to buy a (DELETED) Everest instead of a Fortuner is like telling someone that visiting Kosovo outperforms a two weeks Maledives vacation!

Edited by seedy
language

Do yourself a favour, get the new Ford Everest, far superior to all similar priced models and that includes a new Fortuner.

Such crap - the Ford is a piece of trash compared to the fortuner. The engine is loud, there's a second or so inverval until the gear kicks in, underpowered and too heavy. I had a new Everest and hated it! Before that I had a Fortuner and now I, again!!! have a new Fortuner and am in heaven! Ford is USA crap with a very bad resale value. A Fortuner always sells much higher when sold 2nd hand.

Advising someone to buy a stupid Everest instead of a Fortuner is like telling someone that visiting Kosovo outperforms a two weeks Maledives vacation!

I had my heart set on a Ford Ranger. Until I read all of the Ford Thailand horror stories on here - won't touch a Ford in Thailand now.

That picture at top looks a lot like the Ford Territory they used to manufacture in Oz btw. It's not obviously, but it looks similar.

Such crap - the Ford is a piece of trash compared to the fortuner. The engine is loud, there's a second or so inverval until the gear kicks in, underpowered and too heavy. I had a new Everest and hated it! Before that I had a Fortuner and now I, again!!! have a new Fortuner and am in heaven! Ford is USA crap with a very bad resale value. A Fortuner always sells much higher when sold 2nd hand.

Advising someone to buy a stupid Everest instead of a Fortuner is like telling someone that visiting Kosovo outperforms a two weeks Maledives vacation!

And have u been to Kosovo or Maldives (not Maledives)?

where do I find the price and specs of the new fortuner ?

You obviously have a link as you have compared it to the new Everest.

(DELETED) - the Ford is a piece of (DELETED) compared to the fortuner. The engine is loud, there's a second or so inverval until the gear kicks in, underpowered and too heavy. I had a new Everest and hated it! Before that I had a Fortuner and now I, again!!! have a new Fortuner and am in heaven! Ford is USA (DELETED) with a very bad resale value. A Fortuner always sells much higher when sold 2nd hand.

Advising someone to buy a (DELETED) Everest instead of a Fortuner is like telling someone that visiting Kosovo outperforms a two weeks Maledives vacation!

I never saw a Fortuner in my homecountry Switzerland. Overthere we have different kind of SUVs, like Range Rover, Discovery, V8 Chevrolets, Cadillac Escalade, Jeep Cherokees, Dodge or what ever. Sorry, but i would never spent 1.5 Mill for a 4 banger rattle diesel tuna.

Edited by stingray

So you have have a "new" fortuner which is actually a very old vehicle and is very soon to be replaced.

Bwahahahahaha nice rant though. shame it missed the mark on sooo many levels.

Edited by Don Mega

I had my heart set on a Ford Ranger. Until I read all of the Ford Thailand horror stories on here - won't touch a Ford in Thailand now.

That picture at top looks a lot like the Ford Territory they used to manufacture in Oz btw. It's not obviously, but it looks similar.

Good decision Moojar! Ford is(DELETED), almost as bad as Chevrolet. All that american (DELETED) can't compete with the quality and durability of (DELETED) cars. I believe the americans decided at some point to build faulty cars and bikes on purpose to get overseas trade going and to lure the (DELETED) into their markets. Americans realizing that american made cars are prone to more problems, even if small just like faulty doorhandles, electrics, etc. would then step off their american pride ivory tower and consider buying foreign cars instead...

Edited by seedy
language

And have u been to Kosovo or Maldives (not Maledives)?

Yes, both!

With the figures quoted above, cost of fuel would be 6.25 baht per km at 30 baht/liter.

Fuel consumption depends a lot on how and where you drive your car. I drive my 7 years old Fortuner (3L diesel engine) most of the time on highways at a more or less constant speed without much slowing down or accelerating. No mountains but some minor hills to climb (eastern Isaan). This counts for approximately 90 per cent of my driving while the remaining 10% are driven on rural roads (in order to get to the nearest highway) and very litte inner-city traffic.

The average fuel consumption is 8.4 litres diesel/100 km. That's 2.5 Baht per kilometer.

Edited by thecaveman

Gents, Fords in Thailand are in large a Mazda. Chevrolet in Thailand are in large a Isuzu. They will be just as good as the Japanese heritage allows them to be. Most of the parts are shared between most makes anyway. Same air cond compressor no matter what brand as an example, same instruments with different face designs, etc. The ride and handling might be different but the reliability will be the same as a Mazda or an Isuzu.

Edited by rotary

Gents, Fords in Thailand are in large a Mazda.

Yeah nah, not these days.

Really then why does Ford and Mazda come from the same Auto Alliance factory in Rayong? Why are the engines the same? I know Ford sold their 35% share in Mazda years ago but they are still hooked up on sharing chassis and various parts in the factories they co-own. Why almost always do you see a Mazda and Ford dealer right beside each other and many times they share the same workshop?

Edited by rotary

Gents, Fords in Thailand are in large a Mazda.

Yeah nah, not these days.

Really then why does Ford and Mazda come from the same Auto Alliance factory in Rayong? Why are the engines the same? I know Ford sold their 35% share in Mazda years ago but they are still hooked up on sharing chassis and various parts in the factories they co-own.

How much input did Mazda have with the current Ranger ? Very little.

They share engines because they are the engine's Ford Australia chose to use, Mazda however has their driveline calibrated differently and in my opinion the BT-50 is the better of the 2 to actually drive.

They roll down the same production line from the company called auto alliance thailand becasue as you know it is a joint venture between ford and mazda.

Edited by Don Mega

I never saw a Fortuner in my homecountry Switzerland. Overthere we have different kind of SUVs, like Range Rover, Discovery, V8 Chevrolets, Cadillac Escalade, Jeep Cherokees, Dodge or what ever. Sorry, but i would never spent 1.5 Mill for a 4 banger rattle diesel tuna.

The Fortuner is only sold in 2nd and 3rd world countries as they don't require crash testing. coffee1.gif

Not really much chance of a 2 tonne cardboard box passing I suppose.

One saving grace with a Spivo is it holds its price.When i realised it was an overpriced Wego Truck,talked into buying it by Wannabee Daughter,i lost very little in 12 months.Another Wannabe bought it. Load of Crap, for the price IMO.The Trailblazer i can just about tolerate.But Enjoy the PJS for no particular reason, just feels safer to drive.thumbsup.gif

The Ford haters should do some research before ranting. The old Everest/Ranger were both <deleted> while the new Ranger was/is very popular and superior to other pick-ups, the new Everest will blow away the new Fortuner as well as the Trailblazer & MuX. A 3.2 engine, 6speed auto box, loads of technology including class-leading safety and plenty of off-road ability. A no-brainer if ever there was one. Loads of videos on youtube, see for yourself.

The Ford haters should do some research before ranting. The old Everest/Ranger were both <deleted> while the new Ranger was/is very popular and superior to other pick-ups, the new Everest will blow away the new Fortuner as well as the Trailblazer & MuX. A 3.2 engine, 6speed auto box, loads of technology including class-leading safety and plenty of off-road ability. A no-brainer if ever there was one. Loads of videos on youtube, see for yourself.

Check out all the complaints from owners right here on thai visa if you haven’t already...