Two Nights in Saigon

Jip99

Vietnam is wonderful.

So much to see and do in Saigon. Depends on your preferences. Plenty of websites to help

Just being there is great

Have you got time to go to Hoi An? Fabulous.

If you are history minded a visit from Hoi An to My Lai is an experience you won't forget.

Enjoy. Can't wait to go back

Vietnam is wonderful.

So much to see and do in Saigon. Depends on your preferences. Plenty of websites to help

If you are history minded a visit from Hoi An to My Lai is an experience you won't forget.

Been there and done that and will be doing it again starting tomorrow...?

• Like 1

The Vietnam War Memorial is a must see and will likely be the first place a tour guide would take you to...

Be prepared to view pictures of the after affect of war crimes committed against the Vietnamese people...very sad time indeed...

• Like 1

Don't have sympathy for the "vietnamese memorial."

The Vietnamese did plenty of slaughtering of their own, they just don't admit it. And, teaching it is not allowed in schools, nor is it allowed to be discussed.

• Like 2

You must visit the War remnants museum, a must see, so that we never forget.The main streets of Dong Khoi, the Opera, the cathedral, and opposite the most beautiful post office in the world, go inside, send a postcard!!! The Reunification palace, take photos from upstairs. That will fill up your day. I've been a few times to Saigon, time before last I contacted " Saigon hot pot " a student run tourist visit of the city. It's free, you pay their lunch and any taxis, entrance fees to any sites, take you where you want to go, explain it all in English, and you can give a donation at the end to the organisation, I gave a tip to the young lady too though she didn't ask or want one. I had a marvellous time with her. It's a way of helping the students and they get to practise their English. Do eat authentic Vietnamese food there as it's the best !!! Taxis are cheap, it's quite hot there too so have air con. Great country with hard working people who want to achieve something in life.ps. Hoi an is much too far to visit.

Totally agree with you. I left HCM City after three days and saw much of what you mentioned. One day is too short IMO to see everything without burning out from exhaustion. After three days was ready to head north to explore the beaches, mountains and the "quieter side" of Vietnam.

Am now in Da Nang and Hoi An is on the radar tomorrow along with Marble Moutnain, etc. OP, Happy travels and feel free to PM me for more information.

I have been staying in Pham Ngu Lao (backpacker area) for over ifteen years while visiting Saigon, have never been robbed, never been hassled 'cept by a couple drunk Iranians when they saw my Al Hilla Iraq T-shirt................cheap hotels - go from there. I like the Night River Cruise on the Mekong Ferry, fod, Vietnamese singing and food. Remember to Smile, it still works in Vietnam.

Have a good trip, I am sure you will be back.wub.pngwub.png

• Like 1

Vietnam is wonderful.

Been there and done that and will be doing it again starting tomorrow...?
Songranitis, I Presume...See you at The Mall Edited by Dannyboy666

The Vietnam War Memorial is a must see and will likely be the first place a tour guide would take you to...

Be prepared to view pictures of the after affect of war crimes committed against the Vietnamese people...very sad time indeed...

I agree 100%. The Vietnamese call the war actually AMERICAN WAR. They still don't know why that big country had to invade their peaceful country. Shame on USA

• Like 2

I agree 100%. The Vietnamese call the war actually AMERICAN WAR. They still don't know why that big country had to invade their peaceful country. Shame on USA

Wonderful peaceful country well worth the visit....has been invaded by the French , The Chinese, The Americans. and has always been able to kick them out....at great cost....Great people.!!!! Respect.! there is so much to learn from them.

• Like 1