Khao Yai hours of operation April 12

Nayet

I naively thought I would be able to find this rather basic piece of information on the Internet, but I can't find anything that looks official although www.tourismthailand.org suggests the gates come down at 5 pm. I'm planning on making the pilgrimage up there tomorrow but want to make sure I won't have to turn back to Bangkok when I get to the entrance.

Also, I assume that once inside the park, I'll be able to roam freely like before, when the park closed at 9 pm? Anyone with current information on this?

Seems it does close at 5PM, and considering there are places to stay inside the part, I'm guessing once you are in you'll be OK to roam about. Considering the sun sets at about 6:30PM, not sure how much you'll be able to see after that....

Thanks, craigt3365. Many of the most interesting critters actually come out after nightfall, so there is plenty to see. Unfortunately I have decided not to go today because the weather doesn't look too promising. Maybe next weekend.

Raining like crazy here in Pattaya. Probably best you called it off.

Yes, nocturnal creatures are very interesting. Been on many different tours around the world. But always with a guide as finding the darn things isn't easy in the dark! LOL