90 Day Visa from VIENTIANE

I am leaving Thailand going to Lao Vientiane on April 14th and will be returning the 18th. My Visa expires the 17th, so when I come back I want to get the 60 Day Tourist Visa that can be extended another 30 Days at Immigration.

My question is, what are the exact steps I need to do to get the 90 day tourist visa from Lao?

Do I need to go to the embassy in Lao and apply for it before I leave on the 18th, or do I need to apply for it at the airport when I leave?

Anyone who has done this that can tell me the exact steps, it is much appreciated! Thanks, I want to be sure it do it right the first time!

-Chris

You need to go in the morning to apply for the tourist visa and the following day at 1pm pick-up a ticket from the security box to pick your passport up. It is a 2 day process so you need to be at the embassy/consulate near Pizza company at least by 8:30 am as the queses will be long after a long holiday. The 16th of April should be the first day they re-open so be there early!!!!

There are many reports on this forum about getting a Thai visa in Vientiane. Suggest you go to the "search" block at the upper right, type in Vientiane, click "this forum" and take a look. Note: You want to go to the Thai CONSULATE, not the Embassy.

Here's just one: http://huahin.thaivisa.com/hua-hin-to-vientiane-visa-run/

FYI, 16-17 April may be quite busy at the Thai Consulate, so as suggested, go EARLY. The Lao will be celebrating Phi Mai Lao this week, same as Songkran here.

Mac

There are many reports on this forum about getting a Thai visa in Vientiane. Suggest you go to the "search" block at the upper right, type in Vientiane, click "this forum" and take a look. Note: You want to go to the Thai CONSULATE, not the Embassy.

Here's just one: http://huahin.thaivisa.com/hua-hin-to-vientiane-visa-run/

FYI, 16-17 April may be quite busy at the Thai Consulate, so as suggested, go EARLY. The Lao will be celebrating Phi Mai Lao this week, same as Songkran here.

Mac

This is absolutely correct, but be aware that the taxi, tuktuk and van drivers, use the word "embassy", it is not likely that they will understand "consulate". The Lao words are "sah-tahn toot Thai".

Thank you everyone for the help.

My last question is what do I need to bring to the consulate on Wednesday morning when I go? (I am planning on going very early!)

I will bring my passport, and do I need passport photos or will they take them there?

Thanks again for the help, I want to be sure I do everything right.

-Chris

You will need your passport plus a copy of the photo page. You need 2 photos (3.5cm X 4.5cm) for the application form.

If you click the link I posted in my last post you will find a link fo download the application form and their photo requirements.

Well, the Thai Consulate was closed Wednesday the 15th. I guess they open on Friday the 17th?

If I give my documents for the 90 day tourist visa on Friday, when do I pick them up? Monday or Tuesday? They say it is a 2 day process, do they count the weekends as part of those 2 days?

Now I am stuck in Laos, because the schedule was confusing on when open and closed!

-Chris

Well, the Thai Consulate was closed Wednesday the 15th. I guess they open on Friday the 17th?

If I give my documents for the 90 day tourist visa on Friday, when do I pick them up? Monday or Tuesday? They say it is a 2 day process, do they count the weekends as part of those 2 days?

Now I am stuck in Laos, because the schedule was confusing on when open and closed!

-Chris

Sorry

I was going by the info on their website.

You will get your passport back on Monday afternoon if you apply on Friday.