Overstay

A British customer in my local hostelry in Pattaya was asking for advice yesterday. He entered Thailand on a double entry Tourist visa and (as is often the case) he was having such a good time he forgot to get a 30 day extension after 2 months and is now about 5 weeks overstay. He was talking about going to the Immigration Office to pay his overstay but I advised him that he would would get short shrift there, it is my understanding that you can only pay overstay at border crossings. Another customer advised him to go to Aranyaprathet/Poipet, pay his overstay & come back in on the second part of his double entry visa.

Any further advice from the Forum?

Hello from Pattaya and I suggest YOU use SEALAND in soi Post Office for the Boarder run..The Thai Guide speaks great English, but explain to the Comapny the overstay, and the Thai Guide will at Aranyaprathet guide you to the small desk counter to pay the fine, which is just after the Immigration exit of Thailand counter..The small fine desk closes for lunch so a BIG need for the guide knows your problem, he can speed up the arrival..

Look smart when doing the Visa run please, and NO baggage outside the boarder transport, just you and the Passport, and the TM card's supplied by Sealand ..

Sealand have many trips to the Boarder in a week, at many prices and so transport, can be a mini van, a delux coach, or a private car.....bye