More warnings of tropical storms in Thailand

webfact

More warnings of tropical storms

2015-04-13_TopChart_01-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Meteorological Department issued the latest warning Monday of more tropical storms in the country until April 14.

The warning of dangers from torrential rain storms and hail storms came as another strong high pressure is heading southward from China and part of it has now blanketed upper region of Thailand and South China Sea.

Its arrival will bring in heavy and torrential rains and hail storms in some areas.

Temperatures will also decline in most part of the country with minimum temperatures averaging between 20-26 degrees Celsius.

The southern region will also be affected by the tropical storm until April 14.

It warned people to keep off unstable huge billboards and other structures as they might be be brought down by strong winds during the period.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/more-warnings-of-tropical-storms

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-04-13

• Like 1

Zero on the radar for my area.

surinLoop.gif

Is that because the person who linked the graph on the right to the map on the left is colour blind?

There isn't even a close match to any of the potential! giggle.gif

Probably. The isobar chart shows 3 strong low pressure areas. The text states a sting high pressure area is coming. Usually high pressure clears out all the cold fronts that create rain.

Weather science at its finest. Prepare for the worst... forecast anyway.

Zero on the radar for my area.

surinLoop.gif

Is that because the person who linked the graph on the right to the map on the left is colour blind?

There isn't even a close match to any of the potential! giggle.gif

Huh? Any movement across the map would link to the graph on the right. Map colours are delination of changwats, I would think. whistling.gif

• Like 1

Dunno where exactly they're talking about -- and as usual the Thai source OP doesn't say -- but the TMD's 7-day forecast for Bangkok isn't showing anything in particular coming...

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?StationNumber=48455

7 day Weather Forecast

April 13-19, 2015

On 13 Apr [today], cloudy. Scattered thunderstorm with gusty wind. During 14-19 Apr, partly cloudy. Isolated thunderstorm with gusty wind. Minimum temperature 24-26 °C. Maximum temperature 33-36 °C. Northeasterly winds 15-35 km/hr.

All day long around my area, no gusty winds at all... Dead calm, most of the day.

post-58284-0-45824800-1428924713_thumb.j

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

There will be no rain or just little rain over central, east and north until Monday next week. Only the southern part of Thailand will be affected by occasional thunderstorm. There is nothing to warn about. Very mild weather indeed.

BTW, what is it with Thais and weather?

I mean, back home, every newscast on every TV channel every day has a local weather report, and usually, their info is pretty much on target.

Here, while I don't watch much Thai TV, I can't recall ever seeing a real weather forecast segment, or a meteorologist-broadcaster, on any of the main over-the-air TV channel newscasts.

And when we do get these kinds of weather news advisories from the government, they're usually either just flat out wrong or so vague and unspecific as to be meaningless.... such as, one of my personal favorites that I recall, warning of flash flooding in nine provinces, and then not saying anything about what nine provinces they're warning about.

It warned people to keep off unstable huge billboards and other structures as they might be be brought down by strong winds during the period

Why would anyone be on these structures in a storm in the 1st place? What am I missing????

Ummm...you're living in Thailand? Where people do things that defy logic?

It warned people to keep off unstable huge billboards and other structures as they might be be brought down by strong winds during the period.

There they go again...spoiling all the fun...

Me and the Mrs. were just about to go out and find a billboard to perch on, and throw water at unsuspecting motorists and pedestrians.

Maxjay ... you really must learn to read the OP's carefully. It is only unstable HUGE billboards that you are advised to stay off. Unstable large billboards will be fine to perch on, and even unstable very large billboards will probably be OK. It's just the huge ones you need to avoid.

It warned people to keep off unstable huge billboards and other structures as they might be be brought down by strong winds during the period

Why would anyone be on these structures in a storm in the 1st place? What am I missing????

You just don't understand because you are farang.

1st thing my wife does when there is a storm is run for the closest billboard.. The bigger the better.

Logic - I think there is NO Thai equivalent word from my observations of behaviour whistling.gif

Oh, I can be such a cynic at times coffee1.gif