Transportation from Morchit BTS to Changwattana Immigration office

Hallo everyone.

I would like to know if there is a van from Morchit Bts to go to Chang Wattana Immigration office.

I took a van a few years ago, but I would like to have a confirmation about this and from where can this van be taken.

Many thanks,

Khun Giovanni

Yes, waiting to rip you off! Taxi is the best bet - eapecially if it is raining!

BTW, if you are visiting the immigration office, you will find many expats doing the same. You will usually find them carrying envelopes containing their documents in the taxi queue at More shit. Just share a cab with one or more - easy, cheap and you may make new friends.

• Like 1

Much easier to get a taxi from More shit. It's only around 100 baht, and will drop you off at the front door. Taking the bus means a half mile walk from the roadside to the office.

No... there's a free shuttle bus (one of the BMA buses) that runs a circuit from the main road at Chaengwattana inward on Soi 7 to the Immigration building and then back out to the main road again. Runs every 10-15 minutes or so. Pickup point is just inside the corner of Soi 7 where it meets the main road.

Or, as well, there are lots of motocy taxis waiting there at the same location to take people inward to the various govt buildings there.

Whenever I travel CW from Mochit BTS, I always take the 52 bus. Pickup point is in the bus stop area right in the middle between the two BTS stations stairs on the park side of the street. Fare depends on whether the one you get is an air con or non-air con bus. Usually non air con and a fare of 8 baht or so.

There are vans there near the bus stop area as well that travel to CW, though their signs usually are exclusively in Thai language. For safety reasons, I also have an aversion to using Thai public transport vans in general, though the trips from Mochit BTS to CW wouldn't be a potentially dangerous one.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

I reported in late February. Caught a van because there was one about to leave (from very near bus stop and also very near Mo Chit BTS). Cost THB30 and stopped at entrance road..

There was no shuttle bus in evidence and was told not working that day. Caught taxi for THB60 - 80.

Reporting section was on the Ground Floor, not 2nd Level.

no need to walk, there are teams of motorbike taxis waiting at the end of the road to take you to the government building. yep get the 52 bus.

Watch these motorbike taxi cheats, I used one a few years ago, he charged me double the fare, I found out because I was charged half on the way back.

Yes, waiting to rip you off! Taxi is the best bet - eapecially if it is raining!

Yes, but they are also full of cheating drivers, if you do not mind a half mile walk, (is that not kilo?) better to get a bus.

Take a taxi and insist to go on the elevated highway (Donmuang toll way) to avoid the long waiting time due to the traffic light at the Laksi exit, the Laksi exit (Pakkret) from the elevated highway takes you to Chaeng Wattana road without traffic light.

^ I would avoid the toll way as never that busy in morning 9:30-10:30 when I been. coming back is different story.

Morchit BTS or Chatuchack MRT has mini vans if want use them.

Best way is train to Lak Si train station (20bt from hua lampong - bang sue) & then motorbike as changwattana like 4 minutes away.

I take the bus then walk thru to the office. Its a pleasant walk with no food stalls or hawkers. Just be sure to cross to the right hand side. There are some nice water features and pleasant flowers to view.

What a pretty picture I paint.

• Like 1

no need to walk, there are teams of motorbike taxis waiting at the end of the road to take you to the government building. yep get the 52 bus.

Watch these motorbike taxi cheats, I used one a few years ago, he charged me double the fare, I found out because I was charged half on the way back.

I reported in late February. Caught a van because there was one about to leave (from very near bus stop and also very near Mo Chit BTS). Cost THB30 and stopped at entrance road..

There was no shuttle bus in evidence and was told not working that day. Caught taxi for THB60 - 80.

Reporting section was on the Ground Floor, not 2nd Level.

The Van is 25 Bhat from Mo Chit to the Main Road near the Government Complex (I have taken the van and usually there are others going to immigation...if not ask someone in the VAN to give you a shout when you are nearing Immigration), from there motorcycle taxi yi-sip Bhat (20 Bhat).
According to the blog below, A taxi from MoChit or Chatuchak to the Complex is 140 Bhat. Maybe worthwhile if the whole family is going.
Here is the Location of the Government Complex.
Bus No 52 from/to Mochit is also an option. But have never taken the bus going there, two reasons. One is that you wanna get there bright and breezy. the other, dont know exactly where to get off.
Coming back, bus 52 is more of an option. Bus stop is right across the main road (cross via overhead bridge), after you take the motorcycle taxi from the complex to the main road. Bus 52 to MoChit or Saphan Kwai BTS. About 8, 9 Bhat for non-ac bus.
Edited by meltingpot2015

HOW CAN I DELETE THE TOPIC OR STOPPING EMAILS INTO MY INBOX NOW ?

Now that IS something worth shouting about. The OP clearly needs to learn some Forum (internet) etiquette before he learns how to unfollow a topic.

Join TV just to ask this question, and he complains of "Too many responses"?.

Clearly a case of "I've had my fill ...."

I heard from someone they no longer have the free red shuttle buses that run from the front of the immigration complex at Soi 7? (corner by CAT) to the rear building where the immigration is, and back. Is that true?

Re the free shuttle bus at CW Immigration, I used it last time I was there about two months ago. Can't speak to if anything has changed since then. But it has/had been running there for quite a long time.

Re the getting off stop for the 52 bus on CW Road, it has a regular stop about a block before you get to Soi 7, roughly in front of the CAT complex there. If you miss that stop, the next one is down beyond Soi 7 near where the MFA is located.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

For goodness sake, there is already two useful threads about this topic on THaiVisa (TV).

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/802545-van-service-from-chaengwattana-immigration-to-mo-chit-bts-station/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/567696-in-bangkok-need-to-go-to-immigration-easy-way-if-poss-minimize-taxi/

All the OP had to do was search TV for the words "Mo Chit Immigration" or "Mo Chit to Immigration". See picture below:

post-232297-0-62036900-1429159786_thumb.

Search results are even intelligent enough to bring up the same links above if you make typo and spell MoChit as "MorChit"

Edited by webfact
link corrected /Admin