Thai tourism may not meet its arrivals forecast

webfact

Foreign tourist numbers were 26.55m in 2013, 24.78m in 2015 and the decline will be reversed by an increase to 29m in 2015.

The drivers for this will be Russian visitors down 30%, ICAO giving air traffic 90 days to correct serious flaws in the system and TAT sending a large delegation to Dubai in May to woo the UAE, South Africa and Australia.

The bulk of the Chinese have been thanks to Chinese New Year and Songkran ( not that we have noticed any significant numbers here ), the next mini invasion will not be until the Autumn Festival.

With 7.86m arrivals in Q1, and the summer stampede ( usually known as the Low Season ) from May onwards TAT might be better off getting some cooking lessons. At least then they can balance the books. laugh.png

I would love to know the actually figures, massively down

Here are the official figures. They are FACTS.

Of course the official figures won't suit your agenda so I can only imagine the wonderful story you will use to dismiss these facts.

I have already heard the BELIEF which is "I was on holiday and the rooms in my hotel were empty and my mate said the same thing at his hotel" excuse. (I only remember that one because it is my favorite…Heay Expratt!)

FACTS. The PTP's greatest enemy. BELIEFS. Their dearest friend.

post-140765-0-04580700-1429201964_thumb.

Edited by djjamie

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I would love to know the actually figures, massively down

Here are the official figures. They are FACTS.

Of course the official figures won't suit your agenda so I can only imagine the wonderful story you will use to dismiss these facts.

I have already heard the BELIEF which is "I was on holiday and the rooms in my hotel were empty and my mate said the same thing at his hotel" excuse. (I only remember that one because it is my favorite…Heay Expratt!)

FACTS. The PTP's greatest enemy. BELIEFS. Their dearest friend.

So you don't believe this article either then ?

Go out and have a look around and tell me if it looks anything like it did here 5 years ago ?

How is this Tourism numbers chart you keep putting up compiled , how do they establish the figures ?

I don't know why you keep getting so upset about it , have a look at many other peoples posts , they all say the same

Thailands tourism took major hits from the Kho Tao murders

They may have put two kids in a jail cell but the ill will that fiasco generated circulated all over the web and into the search engines results for people planning on booking a trip to Thailand

pretty young girls for $100, after the bar fine and hotel fee, is now double to what people are paying for the same service in Miami and all of south Florida, from the same young Asian girls who are also from Thailand and China and Vietnam

The market has come to the customer

There is less need to travel to Asia now

Asia has come to America, and the massage parlors here now are as visible as 7-11/ there