Police hunt for group of Chinese tourists

Thaivisa News

Sri Racha, Chon Buri:- Police are searching for a group of Chinese tourists after one of them broke a window of a car that blocked their car Thursday evening.

The Chinese tourists were apparently angry that their Honda Accord car with Bangkok license plate was blocked by a Nissan car also with a Bangkok license plate at the car park area of the Koh Loi public park in Sri Racha district.

The Nissan car’s hand brake lever was lifted up, making the car unmovable. One of the Chinese tourists broke the window on the side of the driver and unlocked the handbrake and moved the Nissan car out of the way before the Chinese tourists fled the scene.

The incident was reported to Pol Col Poppol Jakkapak, the commander of Sri Racha police station, Friday. He and his subordinates went to the park to receive a complaint from Kittiwat Thammasak, an assistant tourist officer of Sri Racha.

Kittiwat told police that the group of Chinese tourists had three men and two woman and a child.

When they came to their car, they found that their car was blocked by the Nissan car. Initially, they called for help from people nearby but the brake was locked so the car was unmovable.

When the people who came to help them walked away, a Chinese tourist used a rock to break the window and unlock the break and moved the car out of the way.

Poppol said the incident was caught on a security camera and the action was deemed too excessive.

He said police would check the license plate of the car used by the Chinese tourists to try to locate them to take a legal action against the one who broke the window.

Poppol also warned motorists not to lock the handbrake if their vehicles block other people’s cars.

And the complainant is an "assistant tourist officer"? He should know better than to set the brake. They probably should have had the owner paged. It's usually the procedure in the malls.

Geez they never heard of bumping a car outta the way i seen many a time 2 security doing such a practice, and have had to do myself with the assistance of 1 or 2 other people.

With the handbrake on? I don't believe you.

This group could simply have "bounced" the car out of the way regardless of whether it was in gear or had the brake on.

Here's how:

https://youtu.be/onRkiA7m9sg

Yep - that is a solution - assuming you have a group of cooperative people and do not yourself have a back make of popcorn that goes out with the slightest of misangled effort.

Too bad there aren't tow companies handy to come and tow away the offending vehicle and only release upon a 5000 baht payment. That would teach people to park correctly after a few incidents of coming out of the mall looking for a car that has disappeared, then having to wander in the hot sun looking for their vehicle.

• Like 1

It is only evidence that the Chinese are more civilized than the Thais. So many times I saw à car blocked by another in a parking or street.

It would not be long before someone blocked you if you got a bay spot on a lower floor at the airport multi-storey.

The habit is to leave the handbrake off though.

Under the seat of my motorcycle I carry an old padlock, opened but with no key which I may use one day if I get blocked in by a rider who locks up, steering included, behind me.

Good for them.

Have done it twice myself over the years.

Once in the carpark at Banana disco years ago, and once at Central shopping mall in Phuket.

30 minutes grace time and someone's losing a window.

WOW, DLick. You da man!

Try that on my vehicle and you'll be in a world of hurt

Do you like hospital food (through a straw)???

• Like 1

Good for them.

Have done it twice myself over the years.

Once in the carpark at Banana disco years ago, and once at Central shopping mall in Phuket.

30 minutes grace time and someone's losing a window.

WOW, DLick. You da man!

Try that on my vehicle and you'll be in a world of hurt

Do you like hospital food (through a straw)???

Don't make me laugh kid.

Maybe they took extreme measures, but show me someone who wouldn't feel like doing the same thing. The guard shouldn't have let the driver park blocking and walk away with his brake left on, the driver of the blocking vehicle shouldn't have left his brake on, and the other guy shouldn't have smashed the window. They should use this instance as an educational tool for drivers in Thailand on how not to block someone in.

Try it on, tough guy

Believe me, you won't be laughing...

Ha, ha, ha...kid, you would literally shit yourself if you saw me and run like the girl you are...

But keep telling yourself you're the man.

Challenging someone to a fight on the Internet is so 3rd grade.

Fool.

Ha, ha, ha...