Quality traditional (double edge) shaving equipment

SooKee

I scoured just about all the threads I could find on TV and also 'Badger and Blade' to try to find where I might source mid to good quality shaving equipment (DE razors, blades, brushes, creams/soaps and bowls etc.) in Thailand. Seems it's not really available with importing either via Amazon or E-Bay seemingly being the way most folks go.

I'm in Phuket and have foot slogged around EVERYWHERE I can think of with no joy, except for the Macca Root shaving cream from Body Shop. Nothing else found at all.

My main home is in Penang, Malaysia and I plan to return there shortly for a couple of weeks. So I though I'd do a trawl of what might be available in Malaysia. Turns out not much there also. BUT I did come across a Facebook seller who is based in Sungai Petani (Kedah state, not far from My/Th border). Seems to carry at least some quality items including Merkur and Edwin Jagger razors, TOBS creams and Parker brushes. Their site is here: https://www.facebook.com/ShaveAndBeam/photos_stream

For me at least, ordering from them will be cheaper than ordering from Amazon or E-Bay but I do have a place in Penang and a Malaysian bank account that makes payment easy. Anyways, for those struggling to source kit, contacting Shave n Beam via Facebook Messenger might provide an alternative providing the payment can be sorted. As Sungai Petani isn't far from the Sadao border a drop off near or at the border might be possible if folks are visiting or have have friends doing visa runs, esp if the order is significant.

A thai girl thought she was doing me a favour when she was cleaning my bathroom she threw away my Merkur as I had left in pieces drying on my bathroom sink - wai2.gif

I found a chinese DE razor for 20b which is really small, but works OK

As for blades, I just bring 100 Astra from UK in my case - will last a while until I go home - I think i'll be able to find some shaving soap