Calling All Dim Sum Fans

mickmac

Popped into the Fujian restaurant, at the DD Mandarin Oriental for Sunday lunch, originally wanted to try their Farang Ses restaurant, but that is not open till 7 in the evening. The Dim Sum was priced at 700 bath a head, for as much as you wanted to eat. This also included soup, chicken with noodles in black bean sauce and canteloupe ice cream on tapioca and green tea. There was a nice variety of Dim Sum, so if you'd like to go for a special treat or just fancy a change then IMHO it is worth the journey down there. As usual the service was very good.

I LOVED Dim Sum in San Francisco, but have never had any that was very good in Thailand.

It all seems the same as the cheap ones that you can buy for next to nothing on the street.

I don't mind paying 700 baht for something special, but is it at the Oriental? :o

Yes, U.G. it is. Don't get me wrong I might not be an expert on DimSum, but I did enjoy it so I reported it.

Hopefully you will as well.

Regards

I LOVED Dim Sum in San Francisco, but have never had any that was very good in Thailand.

It all seems the same as the cheap ones that you can buy for next to nothing on the street.

I don't mind paying 700 baht for something special, but is it at the Oriental? :o

Hi UG,

not sure about Chiang Mai, but if you can't find great ds in CM, trust me there is dim sum in Bangkok and yes even Pattaya that is as good as and sometimes better than San Francisco. I am also an ex-San Franciscan.

Hi UG,

not sure about Chiang Mai, but if you can't find great ds in CM, trust me there is dim sum in Bangkok and yes even Pattaya that is as good as and sometimes better than San Francisco. I am also an ex-San Franciscan.

Actually just got back from a dim sum brunch here in Los Angeles, yum yum!

don't mean to hijack the thread from CM, but where in BKK is great ds??

Hi UG,

Actually just got back from a dim sum brunch here in Los Angeles, yum yum!

don't mean to hijack the thread from CM, but where in BKK is great ds??

This has been my favorite place, though haven't tried since they got their new chef, who is apparantly hot sheit:

http://www.novotelbkk.com/rest/LWH.html

how about the dim sum at The Panda restaurant at Empress hotel? 199 with the member card per person. eat all you can with shark's fin soup, suckling pork etc etc. lunch and dinner!

700baht is quite ex, the dim sum at Panda seem ok... but if is non-member..that will be how much?

Hi UG,

I wish that you had told me a few weeks ago. You could have given me a list. I just got back from both Pattaya and Bangkok and I know that you gay San Franciscans have great taste in everything other than politics! :D

Yes, U.G. it is. Don't get me wrong I might not be an expert on DimSum, but I did enjoy it so I reported it.

Hopefully you will as well.

Regards

Thanks.

Sounds promising! :D