Need A New Adsl Provider

samran

Hi all,

we've just moved to a new apartment that has a TOT line.

Unfortunately, True tells me that they can't transfer their service to the new line. Can anyone recommend something for us?

We were using the cheapest True package that cost 512 baht a month or something along those lines. Fast enough for our purposes and it had unlimited usage, which was a key feature for us.

Can someone recommend a TOT friendly service of a similar variety.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Unfortunately, True tells me that they can't transfer their service to the new line. Can anyone recommend something for us?

We were using the cheapest True package that cost 512 baht a month or something along those lines. Fast enough for our purposes and it had unlimited usage, which was a key feature for us.

Many thanks in advance.

I suppose the obvious question , If like me u r happy with True , is why not just get a True line at the new gaff?

Cheers

Cheers all for the tips all!

I suppose the obvious question , If like me u r happy with True , is why not just get a True line at the new gaff?

Cheers

I was under the impression that True couldn't connect to TOT lines. Thats what the girl on the phone told me.

Use WOW by Speedy (Samarts) 2048/512 Kbps for 590 Baht per Month. With this speed you will never think back about True and you 512/128 Kbps ADSL connection.

Special bonus Free! Start up cost, Free! USB Modem and Free! E-mail 200 MB

(The USB modem is by some dealers not a USB modem, but see no problem with that)

http://www.samarts.com/samartconnect/monthly_hispeed_en.php

But you might be able to get a TRUE line installed, separately of the TOT line...?

Unless there is zoning and the TRUE quota for your neighbourhoos is filled up.

Hassel mate as it is an apartment (ie, owner owns the lot). I like the sounds of the WOW one though. Will call them up tonight.

I can tell you speed is similar to what you get if you take True ADSL 2500/512Kbps, with local speed I can see difference between Wow 2048/512 and 2500/512Kbps but then this is marginal.

Overseas speeds are more the same, both True as Samart have to use the same backbone connection for overseas connections.

What I can see is if somebody in Thailand is seeding a torrent file (say a episode of Stargate Atlantis) I see the Wow connection jump to a much higher transfer then the True connection with the same file same amount of Seeds/Peers. The Torrent transfer rate I have to test more, but this is what I found so far....

We have two ADSL connections at home, one we use to look TV or Radio mostly. Our experience was that the transfer rate of True drops to very slow if we looked IPTV (TV by True ADSL)

• 1 month later...

Hi I am returning to Chiangmai this month. I need DSL service for my computer. I have checked with Loxinfo and they cannot provide this service for me. I live near Cholpratarn road and Ring 2 road.

Anyone have links to DSL service providers that I can contact?

Thanks for any assistance.

Hi all,

Many thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, I am staying somewhere near Bangkok. I have a TOT line but was told that it is not within the adsl coverage area. Does it mean that I will not be able to use adsl services at all ?

Can someone please advise ?

If really no choice, I will have to sell this house and move to Udon. Does anyone know if there is adsl available in Udon ?

Thanks