How do you get those 10 bht taxis to turn into the small sois?

Howitzer

I stayed on a hotel on one end of soi 4 on beach road near the beach. It was very easy to access the beach and pick up a taxi to travel to walking street and the malls further downwards but coming back would be harder. Since beach road is a one way road to travel back vehicles need to travel on pattayasaisong road to travel back. No problem but i found to my detriment they don't turn into the small sois so i need to walk maybe i think 100m along the whole of soi 4 to reach my hotel. Anyway lo and behold i find some taxis do turn into soi 4 full of pasengers. I didn't stop it because it's a short walk.

Question is suppose you're at the other end say walking street for example do you now need to take 2 of these taxis one to reach the end of which ever soi you live then another one to drive you deep inside? This obviously applies to those who live at either end of the soi i actually pity those who stay at the end of the soi near pattaysaisong road because if they were to travel southwards towards the malls etc it would probably involve some walking to get the taxi.

1) The 10 Baht "taxis" are not taxis, but Baht Busses and follow s standard route and do NOT serve the various sois

2) You want to turn a Baht Bus into a taxi to bring you in front of your hotel, then just stop an empty one, tell him where you want to go, pay 200 Baht and he will take you there...

So... 190 Baht instead of walking 100 meters... or 80 Baht if you take a motobike taxi from the walking street to hotel...

• Like 1

jingthing is probably the man for this - he's our resident expert - but my experience travelling down Klang is that they will turn onto Beach Rd and stop just before Walking St. I then have to go around to Second Road if I want to go back from whence I came. The only time I've been able to get them to go to a specific location that isnt on their circuit is when we've agreed on a price upfront, and you can expect that to cost considerably more than 10 baht as its just you and the driver. I did see baht buses driving down the bar sois during Songkran but I assumed that was a one-off deal. I'll defer to those who use the service more than I do, esp the Jomtien brigade.

Dear Howitzer, what is the point you are trying to make with this thread?

Or you had nothing better to do, so you decided to torture me, trying to understand what are you going on about?

The rest of us seem to have understood what he was asking, Costas - are you having a Greek moment, my friend ? ;)

Dear Howitzer, what is the point you are trying to make with this thread?

Or you had nothing better to do, so you decided to torture me, trying to understand what are you going on about?

Dear Costas, that kind of thread is VERY IMPORTANT for you... you will soon arrive in Pattaya for living and you have to learn about those things!!! tongue.png

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

1) The 10 Baht "taxis" are not taxis, but Baht Busses and follow s standard route and do NOT serve the various sois

2) You want to turn a Baht Bus into a taxi to bring you in front of your hotel, then just stop an empty one, tell him where you want to go, pay 200 Baht and he will take you there...

So... 190 Baht instead of walking 100 meters... or 80 Baht if you take a motobike taxi from the walking street to hotel...

I saw an entire bus full of passengers along soi 4 before. I doubt they each paid more than 10 bht i believe that there are buses that serve these small sois just that i don't know where to find them because it was my first time taking such a bus in pattaya.

jingthing is probably the man for this - he's our resident expert - but my experience travelling down Klang is that they will turn onto Beach Rd and stop just before Walking St. I then have to go around to Second Road if I want to go back from whence I came. The only time I've been able to get them to go to a specific location that isnt on their circuit is when we've agreed on a price upfront, and you can expect that to cost considerably more than 10 baht as its just you and the driver. I did see baht buses driving down the bar sois during Songkran but I assumed that was a one-off deal. I'll defer to those who use the service more than I do, esp the Jomtien brigade.

Yup it was during songkran and i saw one such bus full of passengers going down my soi.

You can eventually change of hotel, one which is on a baht bus route.

Well mine is on the bus route. If you read my op i said it's near the beach so it's next to beach road but when i come back it's more of a hassle. It's impossible to get one hotel which is comfortable on both routes back and forth since the main roads are only one way.

Sometimes, when they close the Pattaya Klang road to the beach section from Second Road they make everyone take a detour right so it is very possible that a baht baht might traverse a small Soi full of passengers while making such a detour but, as has been pointed out, they normally run a set route as would a normal bus in other places so you have your answer and this topic can be //CLOSED//