BMW 320d GT F34

Has anyone bought the new BMW 320d GT ? Just driven one and it was a nice drive, like the look of the Merc CLA250 but everything was extra, not even maps for the GPS Unit, where as the BMW has 5 Years 100k inc all servicing thrown in

Interested if anyone has this and what they think, or any good write ups anywhere ?

Is there a chip available for this in Thailand also ? :)

Any info appreciated

Thanks

post-14647-0-56309900-1429671614_thumb.j

post-14647-0-16356200-1429671629_thumb.j

post-14647-0-23865200-1429671639_thumb.j

post-14647-0-40186500-1429671649_thumb.j

• Like 1

There are some reviews in the Aussie car mags which you could check out.

I also was looking at BMW/Benz recently. In the beginning I was leaning towards BMW as I had a 3-series about a decade or so ago and liked it, despite a few issues. Wound up going Benz. Biggest factor in the end was depreciation- if you look at the values of various models several years out it seems BMW takes a bigger hit, even factoring in the additional warranty period. Benz also has an optional 5-year warranty for extra and I found the Benz dealer to be more professional than BMW but that's likely down to individual dealerships more than the brand itself. I think Benz as a brand has more prestige in Thailand, which may explain some of the better residual values but it wasn't a factor in my decision.

As for the GPS did you mean maps for other countries? My Benz came with maps pre-loaded for Thailand and a couple of regional countries.

Thanks for that, I actually found the opposite in being professional, the Merc people were really disinterested, maybe because the CLA250 had a 3 Month waiting list, (so they say) Agree with the Prestige bit in Thailand, its a "Show" thing smile.png Also the Car comes without GPS Maps, I kid you not, all dealers said the same, 25,000 Baht for the SD Card with the Maps for Thailand !!

BMW has a lot more gadgets and frills inside also, guess I will find out for myself now :)

Anyway have bite the bullet so to speak and ordered the 320d GT Sad that it costs more than a M3 back at Home, but such is life I guess

Cheers

Edited by pattayapip