Police launch probe after digging up infant corpse in Chiang Mai province

webfact

Police launch probe after digging up infant corpse
The Nation

CHIANG MAI: -- Police have launched an investigation after discovering an infant's corpse, covered in gold leaf and inside a glass coffin, under a Brahma shrine in Chiang Mai province.

Police dug up the coffin on Tuesday from under the shrine at Huai Din Jee Temple in Doi Lor district.

Locals say they are worried it might have something to do with black magic, while police are trying to nail down the offenders.

"We began looking into this after receiving a complaint from locals," Provincial Police Region 5's deputy chief MajGeneral Pacha Rattanaphan said Wednesday.

The temple's former abbot, Chalerm Duangthong, confessed to having buried the corpse under the shrine, but denied any wrongdoing.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Police-launch-probe-after-digging-up-infant-corpse-30258508.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-04-22

Denies any wrong doing? Denies any wrong doing? Obviously the monk never saw Goldfinger. My heart goes out to the innocent babe and I wonder how much merit was promised to the mom? Freaks, freaking freaks.

Is it not about time that the so called authorities along with the Thai people took a long and hard look at what passes as religion here in Thailand.

How many case's of errant monks in total non adherence to their vows have there been over the past year.

Religion is fast becoming a comedy of errors.

• Like 1

Oaky, so you are poor and uneducated. Your son has not prospects so you send him to the monks. He grows up in a system of uneducated men, devoid of religious commitment but at least having a roof over their heads and food in their bellies. Parents are let of the hook.

How can you expect more from these guys? I believe they are responsible for their actions but when you come from their backgrounds, know nothing and get treated with deference and respect for doing nothing.....anything can happen.

I met a Thai woman in Chiang Mai who sells amulets and she had some wild tales to tell about black magic secretly practiced here routinely. The amulets wee being sold for protection