Why TVF gets flagged

Anthony5

Whenever I send a link to a thread on Thaivisa to any friend by email. they never can open it because AV will flag it. This happens with many friends.

Today I want to share a link on FB, and get the pop-up, this link doesn't seem to be safe please remove the link.

What link did you post?

I just posted a link to this page topic on my FB Page (private, only me) and it went fine, no warning message.

I clicked on the FB logo in this thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/819360-i-think-they-have-a-problem/?p=9330740

I tried it later again and then it seemed to work, but instead of the pictures in the OP it showed the google map I posted in a later post.

Just did two test FB links.

The first, using this topic and pressing the FB badge to share the link, produced a blank with the link text.

The second, using the topic you supplied, produced the "map" graphic from your post.

I'm going to assume that Facebook wants to include an image, but won't if the algorithm believes the graphic is a placed ad. The photos from your first post are stored on static.thaivisa.com ... as well as a ThaiVisa placed inline ad within your first post -- probably confusing the algorithm, so it picks the map as the image.

I didn't get any warnings from FB with either link.

If it happens again, you should probably post the link and the error/warning message here.

• Like 1