Baby Beds/cots

Noodles

I don't read thai and neither does my wife. Any ideas on where to get a cot or a website in English please?

Even if they had sites in English, I doubt that Emporioum, Siam Paragon and Central Chidlom will do sales online. They have best imported stuff.

World leaders in baby gear, like

http://www.combi.co.jp/en/company/corpo_e.htm

won't ship outside their own or subsidaries' countries - custom issues - some items or the lot could be thousands of dollars and can't be treated as small fry.

Brown Farm in Pattaya does not even have a web site.

Try from here, at least you can call them and ask for advice:

http://www.bambi-bangkok.org/

IMO, your best bet is to visit local Tesco and get them to order what they can.

Or, go to Surat Thani and shop yourself at Carefour/Lotus (if they have anything better than the local Samui one).

• 4 weeks later...
Dear Noodles,

We are the owner of www.upcorner.com selling baby crib online. We have only one type of the baby crib as you may see in the web (only in white color). Both sides of the cot can lift up and down and the bed height can be adjusted at 4 levels. There are many bedding designs for your selection. You may phone me Mr. Suvit or my wife Mrs. Sirasa or contact me via e-mail [email protected] for more information.

We are ready to pack the crib in wooden case and send to anywhere in Thailand at actual transportation price.

Regards,

Suvit P.

Sorry to rain on your parade. What you have is a todlers+ bed.

The bed pictured is not a baby cot. Seems it has fixed legs, no rocking.

It also has a lot of cussions and cloth, what happens when a baby throws up?

Even the most expensive places (Emporium) would sell a rocking and easy to maintain baby beds for 2500B. With similar adjustments (rails up and down, the bed itself up and down).

My colleague (3 children, 1-3-5) told me that a baby needs nothing more than a shopping basket to sleep in. Sure, he went and bought in excess.

• 1 month later...

Hello noodles,

I have just started a new baby equipment website in Thailand.

I have got some travel cots but not much furniture at present.

If you are looking for something in particular please email me.

Alternatively, if you want advice about prams/pushchairs/strollers, child car seats/infant carriers or anything else baby related please PM me.

I offer free delivery for any order. EVEN TO SAMUI!!

Does anyone have any links to websites for beds for babies. We are in Samui

and there is not much to choose from. So I would like to order one online to be sent here

by post from Bangkok.

Thanks in advance

Noodles

• 2 weeks later...
I don't read thai and neither does my wife. Any ideas on where to get a cot or a website in English please?

I dont mean to advertise on here but I know a website called www.britbaby.com.

My husband is English. He bought loads from there.

They do free P&P. This might help if you dont live in Bangkok.

Benyapa.

• 2 months later...
Can you read thai? (atleast your missus can) :o

i google, and my keyword is thai "เตียงเด็ก"

http://www.upcorner.com/babycorner6.html

We have just purchased a beautiful cot from this company, not only did they deliver to Pattaya (from BKK) they assembled it at our house! Cannot recommend them enough and my boy loves it (note: mattress not included in price) total we paid Cot + Mattress + Delivery = 8,000 THB - they do a deal with bedding also.

post-36282-1170743619_thumb.jpg

Dear Noodles,

We are the owner of www.upcorner.com selling baby crib online. We have only one type of the baby crib as you may see in the web (only in white color). Both sides of the cot can lift up and down and the bed height can be adjusted at 4 levels. There are many bedding designs for your selection. You may phone me Mr. Suvit or my wife Mrs. Sirasa or contact me via e-mail [email protected] for more information.

We are ready to pack the crib in wooden case and send to anywhere in Thailand at actual transportation price.

Regards,

Suvit P.

Sorry to rain on your parade. What you have is a todlers+ bed.

The bed pictured is not a baby cot. Seems it has fixed legs, no rocking.

It also has a lot of cussions and cloth, what happens when a baby throws up?

Even the most expensive places (Emporium) would sell a rocking and easy to maintain baby beds for 2500B. With similar adjustments (rails up and down, the bed itself up and down).

My colleague (3 children, 1-3-5) told me that a baby needs nothing more than a shopping basket to sleep in. Sure, he went and bought in excess.

i dont think you are sorry at all.

i think you come off sounding quite superior when all the poster did was attempt to provide the information requested in the OP.

Also please show me a picture of the emporiums 2500 baht baby bed. Upcorners prices are far cheaper than any comparable product at the emporium. a similar crib with bedding at emporium is 18k

Re the "cussions": the baby throws up, you wash the soiled item. I suppose your child goes around naked all day lest she vomit on her clothes?

english seems like it is your first language, perhaps you could be a tad more tolerant when dealing with someone who is less fluent than your good self.

Finally, As you have pointed out not even your collegue has followed his own advice.

• 1 year later...

My wife and I needed a new crib for our daughter, as fast as possible. As usual, I search TV for ideas and found this thread. I can't say enough for the Upcorner staff. My wife called them around 10:00, and asked about the crib. We were told it was 8,300 B, delivered and installed. I was a bit apprehensive, as we hadn't even seen the crib yet (besides the above noted picture) but we just went ahead with it and made the bank transfer. The owner and his wife showed up on time (at 19:00) installed the crib, explained everything to us in perfect English, and cleaned up the boxes as they left. We have been very happy with the product and can't recommend them enough. The price is unbeatable as well. There are only two things that are possible negatives to some people:

#1. The crib is generally higher than other cribs. Not sure why this was done, but for those *vertically challenged* (shorter) it may be difficult to put the baby into the crib.

#2. The mattress is a very firm foam inside of a waterproof plastic covering We personally didn't like the mattress very much, but we covered it in thick cotton towels before putting on the fitted sheet. It added to the cushioning and made the mattress "breathe" a bit more.

Overall we were very happy. We were going to buy from Mothercare, but the cost of some of the products is just ridiculous. Upcorner was a very good and cost effective solution. I will post pictures of our crib soon.

Brown Farm in Pattaya does not even have a web site.

Brown Farm in Pattaya don't even have a shop anymore. And the staff at the WTC shop in Bangkok have never heard of it and don't have it listed as one of the company outlets!

So if anyone has a new location for Brown Farm Pattaya (used to be on Sukhumvit) or their 'phone number please post it.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone have any links to websites for beds for babies. We are in Samui

and there is not much to choose from. So I would like to order one online to be sent here

by post from Bangkok.

Thanks in advance

Noodles

Tesco or Carefour?

• 2 years later...

Sorry to revive the old thread. I am currently in BKK and looking for a place to buy a good new baby bed/crib, with an option to deliver to the province. Emporium, Central and Siam Paragon is not an option for me with their prices starting at 20'000++ for the wooden crib :o. I'd be grateful for any info about baby furniture shops. Please people share where you get the cribs/beds for your babies. :wai:

Hi, I have recently used an online baby store called "Dana Baby". First class customer service and a good range of products.

danababy.com

Good luck

Sorry to revive the old thread. I am currently in BKK and looking for a place to buy a good new baby bed/crib, with an option to deliver to the province. Emporium, Central and Siam Paragon is not an option for me with their prices starting at 20'000++ for the wooden crib :o. I'd be grateful for any info about baby furniture shops. Please people share where you get the cribs/beds for your babies. :wai:

Have you looked in the classifieds here on Thai Visa. They regularly have cots for sale, both wooden and mobile travel cots.

Worth a look.

Thanks Ashmanator, but I don't see any baby cots at Dana Baby's website.

Actually, I would be happy to visit a regular furniture store in BKK if someone pointed out where to go.

Thanks Ashmanator, but I don't see any baby cots at Dana Baby's website.

Actually, I would be happy to visit a regular furniture store in BKK if someone pointed out where to go.

There are 4 or so baby stores on the second floor of Fashion Island. Reasonable prices. There is also a reasonably priced baby store on the furniture floor at Future Park. These are out in the suburbs of course, but that is where you tend to find the middle class Thais with children, so it is only reasonable that this is where you would expect to find the middle class stores.

I would recommend a trip to Fashion Island though to start. Just walk around the second floor. You'll find the stores. Easily accessed by bus if you don't have your own transportation.