Any Chess Players In Surin?

Cent

All,

I like to play chess and was wondering if there are any chess players in the Surin area that would be up for a game now and then. We can meet at the Farang Connect to play, or just about anywhere we desire really. Would be nice to play a few games with some others that like the game (I'm no expert but can usually hold my own and win some as well against most players). Just a friendly game or three of an afternoon or evening would be fun. Any takers?

Also, Martin, do you do a quiz night at the FC? I know a lot of UK gents seem to like these in BKK and Pattaya. Was wondering if you are doing this as well. Might be a thought for those that enjoy these once a week.

Cent

• 4 weeks later...
....Also, Martin, do you do a quiz night at the FC? I know a lot of UK gents seem to like these in BKK and Pattaya.

What a good idea. I would also go to the trouble of coming up once a month for a Quiz night.

What about the Last Saturday night of the month, then us travellers can plan travel for the monthly :o

Hi Cent;

I love chess as well, and will be in the area soon. If there are any other chess players in the area perhaps we can set up a tourny! Is the farang connection a good place to play? Adequate space for me to place your pieces as I wipe them from the board? ;-)))

Bastard! :D You're on Ajarn. Get your butt up here. Remember last time? We can place the board so there is plenty of space by me to place your pieces as I take you down! :o See you on the 7th.

Cent

....Also, Martin, do you do a quiz night at the FC? I know a lot of UK gents seem to like these in BKK and Pattaya.

What a good idea. I would also go to the trouble of coming up once a month for a Quiz night.

What about the Last Saturday night of the month, then us travellers can plan travel for the monthly :o

Kutan,

Well, if I can't find chess players, a monthly quiz night would be interesting and fun I think. I'll talk to Martin about it next night I am there in the FC and see what he can suggest and what would be a good night to do it and if he'd let us.

Cent

Hi; That is the 6th, Friday! want me to bring some mexican chips from Bkk? Also, may need to visit that hospital that your friend went to for similiar tests for father in law. So, may have a visitor. Take care

Ajarn,

Chips AND salsa (hot). :o

Oh yeah, the 6th. I knew that. What's wrong with F-in-law again? Not a problem. The private place is quick and good. See you next week. BTW, I have another chess player, maybe, to join us.

Cent

• 1 month later...

I used to play a fair bit about 20+ years ago, never brilliant but always willing to give it a go, does the FC have a board and pieces or do we have to bring our own? I'm about 75kms from the FC so a little prior warning would be needed preferably on a week day while the Mrs does the shopping in Makro etc.

I used to play a fair bit about 20+ years ago, never brilliant but always willing to give it a go, does the FC have a board and pieces or do we have to bring our own? I'm about 75kms from the FC so a little prior warning would be needed preferably on a week day while the Mrs does the shopping in Makro etc.

I think the landlord uses the patrons as pieces and drags them from table to table :o

I think the landlord uses the patrons as pieces and drags them from table to table :o

Who's the Black Queen then Bloncs? :D

Who's the Black Queen then Bloncs? :D

yorkie could be the bishop, he reminds me a bit of the old priest in "Father Ted"