'Tiger Temple' to keep its big cats for now

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And just what do you posters suggest the authorities do with almost one and a half hundred tigers ? Put them in more cages? Who will pay for the meat fed ?

point

I wonder what Guatama would think about keeping wild animals in captivity as a tourist attraction to bolster the local Wat's bank account?

Thailand ... Bastardised Buddhism.

blink.png

Well many temple murals include wild animals so it may have been a long lasting practice.

"This is further corroborated by closed-circuit TV footage that shows a vehicle arriving at the temple to transport the animals. Investigation has also discovered that several tigers had been disemboweled at an establishment located just 10 kilometers from the temple."

Altogether now.... no Thai would do anything like that....

Hands up all those who are surprised by this news....

I would imagine the vet had more to think about in the several hours he must have spent checking nearly 150 tigers condition plus miscellaneous other bears, monkeys & birds, than count them one by one. Would he have even missed 3? I doubt it unless he personally bar-code scanned each animal against a list which is possible I guess.

I would imagine the vet had more to think about in the several hours he must have spent checking nearly 150 tigers condition plus miscellaneous other bears, monkeys & birds, than count them one by one. Would he have even missed 3? I doubt it unless he personally bar-code scanned each animal against a list which is possible I guess.

The appearance of tigers in not homogenous, the vet has been working there for several years and would undoubtedly be able to recognise many of the tigers, especially older ones etc....so if they go missing it would be pretty obvious......

Hasn't this become the essence of Thainess by taking the line of least resistance ?

It doesn't matter if the result isn't the right one as everyone's happy, except maybe the tigers, and nobody had to work hard.

• Like 1

If you are wondering why the breeding of tigers bby the temple is such a bad thing, then read this explanation in the ST......

""Tiger-breeding is out of control. It undermines conservation of wild tigers, and there is complete lack of transparency and lack of commitment in the international community to address it."

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/asia-report/thailand/story/thailand-temple-can-keep-tigers-not-making-money-say-offici#sthash.puSmkdB8.dpuf

The "PERILS OF HAVING TIGER FARMS"

Edited by cumgranosalum

No donation.....that is fine sir, just go to that enterance there. Oh the tiger is in there....yes of course, you did come to see tigers, Yes it is drooling, that is because it is antipating dinner.

Pleased to meat you.