New multi non o before old one expired?

Hi everyone, thank you for all the valuable advice!

My 1 years non O on marriage will expire in mid November. My original plan was to go to Laos for a few days over Christmas, after my last visa run entry early October, but now I'm thinking that it may be a bad idea at that time of year. My plan B is to renew in October, again in Laos. I will make sure the funds are seasoned for a couple months prior.

Can I gain a new multi entry non O a month before my old one expires?

How long would I need in Savannakhet for a multi entry O?

Cheers

All the best :)

Thanks nzexpat for your reply.

Getting my head around the process slowly!

I was under the impression that I needed 400k in my Thai bank account 2 months prior.

If my multi non o expires mid November I thought that I could only have upto 15 months on that visa meaning mid Feb max.

Please correct me when I'm wrong!

If you can ensure 400,000 Bht in a bank account you can obtain an extension of stay from your local immigration office.

You can apply during the last 30 days of any 90 day entry which your visa gives.

If used correctly the multi -entry visa will provide for an almost 15 month stay

if you are saying you cannot evidence cash in the bank then another multiple entry visa may be your only option . No proof of finance is required for such a visa from Savannakhet.

Edited by nzexpat

If you can ensure 400,000 Bht in a bank account you can obtain an extension of stay from your local immigration office.

You can apply during the last 30 days of any 90 day entry which your visa gives.

If used correctly the multi -entry visa will provide for an almost 15 month stay

if you are saying you cannot evidence cash in the bank then another multiple entry visa may be your only option . No proof of finance is required for such a visa from Savannakhet.

As an alternative to at least 400,000 THB seasoned in a bank account for 2 months, you can also obtain an extension of stay for marriage based on monthly income equal to at least 40,000 THB as confirmed in a letter from your country's Embassy if the income originates from outside Thailand.

• Like 1