cost of closing down company ltd

tontraveller

Ask your accountant who does your yearly balance sheet. If you don't have an accountant because you don't do a yearly balance sheet, expect big problems some time in the future.

Selling a company ltd is very difficult, because nobody want surprise hidden debts or whatever, and setting up a new company is easy .

I think you can count on approx 20.000 Baht to close the company plus the cost of a balance sheet.

Make sure you get confirmation documents from the government that the company was shut down, otherwise big surprise in a few years.

Edited by Anthony5
  • Like 2

I know a guy who opened a company a decade ago, but due to some reasons, never actually started to do business actively. he made me sign up as one of his required foreign shareholders that time.

He still lives here happily (at least he did so when I met him last time in January 2015). He never closed the company but obviously this did not cause any trouble so far, and it's ten years already....

I know a guy who opened a company a decade ago, but due to some reasons, never actually started to do business actively. he made me sign up as one of his required foreign shareholders that time.

He still lives here happily (at least he did so when I met him last time in January 2015). He never closed the company but obviously this did not cause any trouble so far, and it's ten years already....

He may be in for an unpleasant surprise one day.

In your position I would be wondering about any liability I might have.

There will be snow on Jomtien beach before I ever get involved in any partnership in Thailand and nothing on earth would induce me to act as guarantor to anyone here.

He may be in for an unpleasant surprise one day.

In your position I would be wondering about any liability I might have.

There will be snow on Jomtien beach before I ever get involved in any partnership in Thailand and nothing on earth would induce me to act as guarantor to anyone here.

as a shareholder, you elect the managing director, have a bunch of responsibilities (such as paying up your share capital...) so I wouldn't take that lightly.

The costs for closing are higher than for opening because it is much more work, closing balance sheets etc.

I once closed 7 companies at the same time. The lawyer who had set up the companies for me wanted 7 x 20.000 Baht.

I went to the revenue office in Chonburi myself, where they were very helpful in assisting and providing me with contact details for a person who could complete all documents for me.

I don't know the exact figure anymore, but it cost me less than 10.000 Baht all together and was cleared in 3 days, from the day I went to the revenue office and when I went there the second time to file for closure and receive all stamped documents.

• Like 1