visa run to cambodia (Trat - Cham Yeam border)

Hello.... I need to cross the border for a visa run. I live now in Chonburi. I was thinking to go to Cham Yeam, cambodia border, so i can do few days holidays in koh chang. I travel with own car ...

I haven't been in Cambodia, so could you suggest me if this border is good for visa run (not to sleep in cambodia, but to sleep in trat or in koh chang for 2/3 days)?

How is the road to Cham Yeam ? How does the trip last ?

Or is it better another border ? which one ?

Thanks

Most people refer to the crossing as Hat Lek.

Unless you are doing the crossing to get a new visa exempt entry you should have no problem there.

Sorry I cannot help much on your other questions.

You could have a look at this map from the e-visa website. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?ll=12.36849,104.361086&source=embed&ie=UTF8&msa=0&spn=2.58554,3.621642&hl=en&mid=zzYcs0PT4--s.kRc-RY3_vayk

.............. few days holidays in koh chang. I travel with own car ...

.................not to sleep in cambodia, but to sleep in trat or in koh chang for 2/3 days)?

The road to the Cham Yeam crossing is very good.

Koh Kong is of course in Cambodia, so you would be sleeping there if you went in.

You are allowed to take your own car into Koh Kong Province I believe, if it's in your own name.

Alternatively you could park it just before Immigration and get a taxi into Koh Kong.

The road to Had Lek border is very good there are several checkpoints on the way manned by the army just need to show your passport, if stopped.takes about 1 hr 20 mins from Trat at a steady pace Plenty of places to park near to border, no need to take your car across, it is only a short wak to Cambodia checkpoint, and back no need to go into Koh Kong, it is not a very busy border, so dealing with your visa stamps should only take about 45 mins in and out. Have a safe trip and enjoy Koh Chang

I went there by accident about 4 months ago as a taxi mistook Kanchananburi for Chantaburi (long story). Very easy border crossing experience. I think their were some nice looking holiday spots across the border as well. Two things that are not great; the Cambodian visa is a full page plus a stamp, the border crossing was 1500thb.

Burma is a single stamp (important to me) and 900thb.

My 2 cents

I live in Chonburi and the easiest is Ban Laem or Ban Pakard, can do either in under 3 hours. We have often gone on to Koh Chang or Ao Yang after going to the border. I have checked it on google maps and it is further to go to the Trat border and then back to Koh Chang.

Let me know if you want directions.

The road to Had Lek border is very good there are several checkpoints on the way manned by the army just need to show your passport, if stopped.takes about 1 hr 20 mins from Trat at a steady pace Plenty of places to park near to border, no need to take your car across, it is only a short wak to Cambodia checkpoint, and back no need to go into Koh Kong, it is not a very busy border, so dealing with your visa stamps should only take about 45 mins in and out. Have a safe trip and enjoy Koh Chang

You shouldn't be asked to show anything - mostly it's customs issues where the soldiers might stop you but not to act as de-facto immigration agents. That being said, you never know. But I have never been stopped on that road in either direction driving my own car and yes all my experiences are since the coup last year.

The OP can take his car across and use it in Koh Kong province if registered in his own name or with a power of attorney from the owner + ID card copy. Cost is 100 Baht on the Cambodian side. Driving is on the right hand side of the road after the gate, but normally you gradually merge to the right once you get to the Cambodian gate, where customs is located.

Hello again....

At the end I decided for Ban laem or Ban Pakard (the first I will find on the road smile.png), but one other question: is the border open on sunday? Do they give me stamp for my new entry on my non O multiple entries visa?

thanks ......