It may be pure Nostalgia

n210mp

But when I watch the Mark Knopfler video I am struck by the beauty and splendour of many square miles of beautiful and sparsely inhabited countryside.

Even in the closely approximated towns and villages there seems to be areas of solitude and splendour.

Listening to the words of Mark Knopfler's songs and watching the fantastic landscapes gives me some real attachment to my home country and although I wont be going back anytime soon I am reminded of my roots and relatives in a good and positive way and feel privileged to have been born an Englishman with all the great things I have in the past come to take for granted but now realise were fought for by my ancestors.

I hope that you enjoy the video with the same pleasure as I do........Enjoy!

• Like 1

I

Hello Crossy,

I realised within a nano second that I didn't mention Thailand which was my intention and whilst editing to mention Thailand (within 3 seconds of posting it) it, you from now known as "Quick draw Mcgraw" moved it to the pub 55555

I will have to be quicker won't I but I dont think I can beat your 3 sec movement Ha ha ha

Coincident or what! I'm bobbing about in a Dive Support Vessel offshore Angola, I came on board with very little music, just got some earlier today of someone and have been playing Dire Straits since I got it........I just opened this topic.......Somehow I think your accompanying vid will beat mine right now.

• Like 1

Always nostalgic to look at UK pics, what I think we all forget living here is just how cold, windy & wet it is... especially that freezing winter North-Easterly that blows around that part of the country...

Brrrrrrrrr.....

• Like 1