Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Hotels

LawrenceChee

Heya local CR members

Which is a nicer hotel - Legend / Dusit or Meriden for the price point ?

I see they hover about $100 for the low season in May and wonder if the locals have a fav one they enjoy staying at

I like one with good F&B and just a pool to chill

Thanks for your points

I stayed in the Meridien last year for 4 nights and although rooms were superbly equipped I had 2 complaints one of which was addressed.

I booked a deluxe river view room but you would have had to be a bloody giraffe to get the view described by the hotel but a second room was offered which was as described and accepted. The second issue was breakfast which was an absolute scramble to get a table due to tour groups dominating. Cant blame the tour groups as they paid for breakfast but the restaurant simply couldn't cope.

Havn't stayed at other hotel mentioned.

Thanks Manseer ...I was thinking of the same but the river is brown and reminded me of those in PP or Laos where while peaceful may not be worth the extra price staring at brown instead of turquoise blue waters :)

I'll stick to a garden view and pay less

if you really want to do nothing peacefully, any one of the hotels on your list would be perfect.

personally i'm not a big fan of the Singha Tea Farm - to me it looks just like what it is - a subsidiary of a large, actually very very large, corporate business. the restaurant is hugely overpriced, getting on for london or paris prices. it's not that i object to the prices per se, but that they're completely out of context with the environment and neighbouring villages.

if you really really want to do "nothing" peacefully, i would suggest any of the temples around the city or further afield, particularly those you won't find in the standard guidebooks, which obviously attract tourists wanting to "chill". the guidebooks, though, would be a good place to start for waterfalls, most of which would be pretty quiet at that time of the year.

if you really want to do nothing peacefully, any one of the hotels on your list would be perfect.

personally i'm not a big fan of the Singha Tea Farm - to me it looks just like what it is - a subsidiary of a large, actually very very large, corporate business. the restaurant is hugely overpriced, getting on for london or paris prices. it's not that i object to the prices per se, but that they're completely out of context with the environment and neighbouring villages.

if you really really want to do "nothing" peacefully, i would suggest any of the temples around the city or further afield, particularly those you won't find in the standard guidebooks, which obviously attract tourists wanting to "chill". the guidebooks, though, would be a good place to start for waterfalls, most of which would be pretty quiet at that time of the year.

I was refering to the Chui Fong Tea Farm, not the Singha Tea Farm, they are very different, I think.

"In Chiang Rai, Chui Fong Tea Farm is regarded as one of the leading entrepreneurs in tea farm industry. The reason to its success is no surprise, for Ms. Shanya Chang, the present owner of Chui Fong Tea Farm who inherits from her father, has always had strong love for tea since her youth.

Chui Fong Tea Farm is managed under the corporation of Chui Fong Tea CO., LTD., the biggest tea producer in Chiang Rai and the tea exporter shipping to various countries, mainly to Europe, USA, Taiwan and Japan.

Located 1,200 meters above sea level, Chui Fong Tea Farm’s vast area of over 600 rai spans over three districts, namely Therdtai, Mae Fah Luang and Mae Chan. The view of tea trees that are planted on mountain ridges in descending steps imprints the impressive image in every visitor's memory."

http://chiangrai.sawadee.com/topattractions.html#ChouiFongTea

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived