Malibu show.

thaibeachlovers

They are still there - their music drowning everyone's enjoyment in the nearby bars. Try Quiz Night at The Londoner!

At a guess, the Malibu show was there long before any other places started ( it had been there for years before 1996 when I first went there ).

Yes it went up the road for a while, but no establishment in Thailand has "rights" when it comes to noise.

If The Londoner wants a quiet space they can put in glass walls.

their music drowning everyone's enjoyment in the nearby bars

That's funny. In Pattaya there are hundreds of bars; if they don't like it go elsewhere, but good luck with finding a quiet bar in Pattaya.

It is probably me, but the one (and only) time I saw this show I found it so embarrassing that I swore never to return.

How long ago was that? In it's prime The Malibu show was excellent and always pulled a large crowd.

I would say a couple of years ago - maybe three.

As I said, maybe it was me but I just found it tacky and amateurish - and more importantly, not funny.

I have always enjoyed Tiffany and Alcazar shows.

It is probably me, but the one (and only) time I saw this show I found it so embarrassing that I swore never to return.

How long ago was that? In it's prime The Malibu show was excellent and always pulled a large crowd.

I would say a couple of years ago - maybe three.

As I said, maybe it was me but I just found it tacky and amateurish - and more importantly, not funny.

I have always enjoyed Tiffany and Alcazar shows.

I think I haven't seen it for about 5 years. Before that it was great, but they had real girls back then.

It was never "funny" in a western comedy sense as they just don't understand western humour, but the dance routines were excellent.

You can't compare Malibu to Tiffanys or Alcazar. Difference of several million baht in production costs.

It is less than a shadow of whatever it pretended to be almost 20 years ago. How they manage to stay open with that <deleted> is beyond most of the bars and restaurants in the area.

If the OP really cherishes the memory of Malibu circa 1996, carry on and don't even think about popping by their cringeworthy, current reincarnation.

• Like 1