Blazer in Bangkok.

dddave

I hate wearing suits but when I need a business look, I can usually get away with a dark blue blazer and dark slacks. My 30 year old wool blazer is beyond retirement age and is too heavy a wool for this climate so I need to have a replacement made. My abundant dimensions preclude off the rack.

I have stopped by several of the Sukhumvit tailor shops recommended in previous threads on this forum but find my eyes glazing over as they present an endless array of fabrics.

At 70, I won't be needing another 30 years out of this one but I do want it to look good, be easy to maintain and be as comfortable as possible in this climate, all while not costing an arm and a leg.

I'm looking for knowledgeable advice on material, possibly a wool blend. I really have no knowledge myself. As I said, comfort in this climate is paramount.

I shudder at the idea of starting another endless "Tailor" thread but things change quickly on Sukhumvit so any up to date suggestions of a decent shop that won't nag on me to buy an entire wardrobe would also be appreciated.