family hotel recomendations

silentnine

Hi All..

i'm a ex expat lol ..

lived in los for 7 years then moved back to the UK 2 years ago.

we're coming back for a 1 month holiday. got to meet back up with old freinds while there and have some fun :D

we've got 2 children 10 & 7, my wife and my mother so having 2 rooms. and wherever we stay must have a really good pool and be very kid friendly . so not a knocking shop.

budget is around 2000bt per night per room.

my favourite at the moment is 'green park resort' off naklua rd as there pool looks fantastic , at least on there website it does lol ..

any other suggestions at that sort of price range anyone can suggest please.

As a personal choice Id much prefer the jomtiem area, but we have younger kids (8 +6), dont much go down that way nowadays but we had an overnight about 3 weeks back when we travelled down to pick up our new car, spent the night at the jomtiem palm beach, pool was ok, rooms were clean and it was relatively quiet specially so since it was leading up to songkran, we also brought my mother in law and had adjoining rooms, but if you hadnt been meeting friends id have suggested you skip patts and head for hua hin or cha am, both pattaya and hua hin have recently opened water parks to enjoy

Just to add I think the jomtiem palm beach was 1800 each room booked via agoda

Edited by jonnyscot

I have stayed at green park In the past. It has one of the best pools in pattaya, especially suitable for kids" it is a very large serpentine pool at winds its way around the central part of the property. It is an older property and as the rates would suggest, the rooms are very basic but clean and functional. He other nice thing is its location"...be an older property, it sits on a choice piece of land just doe. From Naklua road. Therefore, it is easy to get to the main Pattaya beach road for shopping or eating and also the restaurants up and down Naklua road.

Rabbit Resort is close to your price range and have option with a large room with two beds plus small extra bedroom. With it being a month stay and low season you may be able to negotiate a good deal with them.

As a personal choice Id much prefer the jomtiem area, but we have younger kids (8 +6), dont much go down that way nowadays but we had an overnight about 3 weeks back when we travelled down to pick up our new car, spent the night at the jomtiem palm beach, pool was ok, rooms were clean and it was relatively quiet specially so since it was leading up to songkran, we also brought my mother in law and had adjoining rooms, but if you hadnt been meeting friends id have suggested you skip patts and head for hua hin or cha am, both pattaya and hua hin have recently opened water parks to enjoy

Just to add I think the jomtiem palm beach was 1800 each room booked via agoda

we've been trying to book at this place (jomtien palm beach hotel and resort) as it looks quite nice.

cannot get them to tell me if they do a monthly rate .. and had 2 prices off 2 different staff .. one for 2800 per night .. another for 2400 . probably different rooms though.

they have a palm wing .. and jomtien wing .. i was asking if one is better or newer or nearer the pool and its like trying to milk a goat getting information lol

Edited by silentnine

Hi Silentnine, re; jomtiem palm beach, I think the one further away from the pool is the newer, but don't know which is named which, but the older wing closer to the pool is sufficient for me, I think many moons ago I stayed in the newer wing and didn't notice a great deal of difference in the room, anytime we go there we always book on agoda but have stayed there last minute decision and paid I think 2400 walk in rate, booking on agoda website was 1800 right enough, just confirmed with the wife