Phuket gov sticks to his beach plan

webfact

Phuket gov sticks to his beach plan
Nattha Thepbamrung

1430132059_1-org.jpg
Governor Nisit gets hands-on with the beach cleaning.

PHUKET: -- Governor Nisit Jansomwong led Rawai officials and local volunteers to clean famed Naiharn beach today (April 27) and to check on progress in the island-wide beach management drive.

“Around three weeks from now, we will get the research results from the [Prince of Songkhla University – PSU] team who are interviewing every stakeholder, such as beach business operators, local Phuket people, tourists, tourism organisations and associations,” the Governor told The Phuket News.

“So far, the beach management situation is better. I can see that beach vendors understand more about the importance of management. Local administration organisations understand, too, and have been improving management in areas under their responsibility.

“Patong mayor [Chalermluck Kebsub] told me yesterday that she was hurrying to build permanent and beautiful [beach control and tourism information] centres on Patong Beach.”

He admitted, however, that he is still receiving complaints and disagreement about the measures and that many beach vendors still insist that they need to put beach loungers – currently completely banned – on the sand.

“Many people give me examples such as Bangsaen or Pattaya or other beaches where people are allowed to put loungers on the beach. I have to insist to them that it is illegal for people to do business on the beach.

“I think tourists from other countries should understand the situation, and our laws, just as they respect the law in their home countries.

“After the three-month trial, which will finish soon, we will discuss the [PSU] study and the opinions of people from all sides, and probably make some adjustments.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-gov-sticks-to-his-beach-plan-52049.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-28

By the way he is dressed it looks more like he has turned up for a photo op than to get down and dirty. I bet there was a nice new clean piece of paper strategically placed for his personal collection during the photographs.

• Like 2

I think the plan is absolutely correct. It's working. The beaches look great. What is needed is enforcement of the rules. On Kamala Beach this week I counted 70 items like unoccupied umbrellas, mats and beach chairs. All this stuff needs to be confiscated like they've done on other beaches. With no enforcement, it grows daily.

These people who complain about not having sunchairs and things back to where they were before the cleanup are despicable. Stay away. Find another country where you can lounge with the rest of the lemmings while someone runs your beers over to you. I don't know anyone who lives here, who wants to go back to the cesspool Phuket was before the cleanup. Buddha bless the General.

Edited by Pinot
  • Like 2

Why not just have the beaches where certain parts have loungers and certain areas do not?

Fact the some people prefer one or the other, making it all no loungers will upset those who like them

They also like lying under the umbrella and have somchai bring them a drink and a snack.

In the French riviera that have areas where people lie out on their blanket / towel and some areas with loungers, if it works there, why can it not work here?

• Like 1

By the way he is dressed it looks more like he has turned up for a photo op than to get down and dirty. I bet there was a nice new clean piece of paper strategically placed for his personal collection during the photographs.

Really? It is impossible to pick up rubbish while wearing trousers?

The cynicism and general level of misery that exists within this forum always cheers me up

Well done to him for trying to protect some of Thailand's beauty that others seem so hell bent on destroying

Q. " Governor, is there any chance you may be getting some things wrong ? "

A. " Absolutely not, and even if there was there's no way I'd admit it "

He just stated at the end of the article that there will be a review and changes made, christ almighty guys

Hmmm these hard working government beach cleaning people wearing long jeans caps and jackets...

Seems to me they are scared of the sun...

They might want to have some umbrellas for sun protection hahahahahaha.

Owsss sorry no more umbrellas allowed:)