US: Miller says he will plead guilty in Jewish site shootings

webfact

Miller says he will plead guilty in Jewish site shootings

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (AP) — A white supremacist from Missouri who is accused of killing three people at two Jewish centers in Kansas plans to plead guilty to capital murder to avoid a lengthy trial because of his failing health.

Frazier Glenn Miller, 74, of Missouri, told The Associated Press in a phone call from jail on Monday that he doesn't think he has much longer to live and wants a chance to speak in court about why he committed the crimes.

Miller is accused of fatally shooting William Lewis Corporon, 69, and his 14-year-old grandson, Reat Griffin Underwood, at the Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City in Overland Park, Kansas, on April 13, 2014. Minutes later he killed Terri LaMano, 53, at a nearby Jewish retirement home, before being taken into custody, prosecutors said.

Miller has told the AP and other media outlets that he planned and executed the fatal attacks, and that it was his intent to use the trial as a means to "put the Jews on trial where they belong."

He has chronic emphysema and has repeatedly insisted on receiving a speedy trial despite his attorneys' insistence they need more time to develop a defense strategy.

He said he's afraid it could take at least six months before he gets a trial date and even longer before sentencing, and he doesn't think he will be around that long.

"I'm not sure I have the stamina to go through all of that," Miller said. "I want to get it over with."

Neither Steve Howe, the district attorney for Johnson County, Kansas, nor Miller's defense attorney immediately returned calls seeking comment. Howe told the AP last year a judge has issued a gag order that prevents him or other attorneys from talking about the case.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-04-28

"I hope the case is delayed until this antisemite is under ground. If he is so keen to obtain a platform from which to spout his bile perhaps he should join some of our esteemed members on this very forum."

Really? What has his actions to do with members of this forum? Why do various persons here not agree with your dictates? Sorry I had not noticed. While I do not hold with what this moron halfwit did and believe his punishment should be severe it would appear this vitriolic attitude you espouse, if prevalent at present in the USA, might have had something to do with his motivation. Seldom such acts happen in a vacuum. Just an observation.