Pattaya Area Post Offices

PattayaXpat

Carrefour, Pattaya Klang, ground floor has a post office, as does Tesco in North Pattaya.

Some of the other super stores may also have them - others can advise.

Thanks but those are all private services. If you compare costs betweem them and the actual post office the diffrence is considerable, or they only know how to quote EMS.

Carrefour, Pattaya Klang, ground floor has a post office, as does Tesco in North Pattaya.

Thanks but those are all private services. If you compare costs betweem them and the actual post office the diffrence is considerable, or they only know how to quote EMS.

Head up Naklua road, turn right at the lights by Numchai Electronics and Bang Lamung Post office is up on the right just before the market.

I know of the one on Soi Post Office but where are the others located? I've been told that there is one in Naklua and Jomtien but I can't fine them on a map, and dose anyone know which is the most user friendly?

Thanks!

I like the one in Jometien , it is the least crowded .

forgot the soi number , maybe 6 ?

http://www.yellow.co.th/Pattaya/PattayaDir...p?mode=keywords

sorry i cant post the link+keword

look at the left side, WHAT ? --> post office

then click find

you will see post office + map in patty (wow the map is funky :D:o )

BANGLAMUNG POST OFFICE

290, MOO 5, SAWANG FA ROAD PATTAYA 20150

Tel. 038428255

POST OFFICE PATTAYA CITY

SOI POST OFFICE (13/2), BEACH ROAD. PATTAYA 20260

Tel.038420802

JOMTIEN POST OFFICE

75/31-33, MOO 12, SOI 5 JOMTIEN BEACH ROAD. PATTAYA 20260

Tel. 038231944

Edited by BambinA

http://www.yellow.co.th/Pattaya/PattayaDir...p?mode=keywords

sorry i cant post the link+keword

look at the left side, WHAT ? --> post office

then click find

you will see post office + map in patty (wow the map is funky :D:o )

BANGLAMUNG POST OFFICE

290, MOO 5, SAWANG FA ROAD PATTAYA 20150

Tel. 038428255

POST OFFICE PATTAYA CITY

SOI POST OFFICE (13/2), BEACH ROAD. PATTAYA 20260

Tel.038420802

JOMTIEN POST OFFICE

75/31-33, MOO 12, SOI 5 JOMTIEN BEACH ROAD. PATTAYA 20260

Tel. 038231944

The one at 290 Moo 5 is the one off Naklua Road. :D

Hi

Thought I would give my Opinion and concerns about Jomtien Post office…I have been mailing large amounts of registered mail daily from Nana P.O in Bangkok.

1 week ago I started to mail from Jomtien P.O, no-where near the Bangkok amounts.

Here are my main worries and I have told the P.O in Jomtien about them…..they were NOT happy at my observations’.

Many registered mail items are NOT scanned when payment is made, but are stacked up in the middle of the area behind the counters? (All the computers, scanners, printers etc were working)

I asked why the items were not being scanned when they were weighed…answer was very blunt “We make later”….I replied “when 5 min, 1 hour, 2 days?????”

As I pointed out, without the official PO receipt with the Registered mail number on the computer print out…..basically there is NO evidence of mailing or any way to check on-line status…I was shown the smudged PO date stamp (totally unreadable), on the registered mail address details…I said this shows NOTHING and I could make the same with a pencil…Teller got very angry and I was told the Police will lock me?????

Also every morning there are mass’s of Post in sacks pilled up in the customers area waiting for collection, surly most of this should be collected before close of previous day’s business…and not stacked where anyone can grab a few items.

The past 3 days they have Scanned my items but they make it very clear that I’m not a welcome customer; and make so called mistakes with my change and the cost of the items I mail…..hence I no longer use Jomtien PO,.

IMHO it is a den of criminal activity and I would like to know if anyone has had similar problems as I am about to complain about the place to the Chonburi P.O area Director

Banglamung looks like the only one to use…or I’ll just go to BKK twice a week

:o

Here are my main worries and I have told the P.O in Jomtien about them…..they were NOT happy at my observations’.

Many registered mail items are NOT scanned when payment is made, but are stacked up in the middle of the area behind the counters? (All the computers, scanners, printers etc were working)

I asked why the items were not being scanned when they were weighed…answer was very blunt “We make later”….I replied “when 5 min, 1 hour, 2 days?????”

Police will lock me?????

Interesting , I have had this problem in the PO in Pattaya - that place is a toilet and the people at the counters are very rude.

The registered mail was not being scaned and the numbers were not coming up on the receipt - I complained to the Postmaster on duty and was cursed out by the staff in question on my way out.

Jomtien is less crowded but still run like Chicken Night in Turkey , but then this is Thai style correct?

If you need the best service make the trip to main post office in Nakula - really long lines , but seems the most professional.

BTW - I love the "Police Will Lock You Line"

My experience has been that these private agencies charge about 10% more than the official Post Office rates. IMO not an excessive surcharge for the convenience.

My experience has been that these private agencies charge about 10% more than the official Post Office rates. IMO not an excessive surcharge for the convenience.

It is possible depending on where you go, but I took a package to three diffrent places, the mentioned store in carrefour, mailboxes etc. on second rd. and the post office on soi 13. The post office was 280 Baht (Air Mail), Mail boxes etc. was 800 Baht and carrefour was 1000 +!! As I originally stated it may have been the incompetence of the people working there who only know how to quote EMS etc (I asked for all options including registered air mail) but the prices were way out of line! I will keep searching for a good local place and try to make a deal with them but the prices need to come in line.

Terry: Had a similar experience with the PO in Ban Chang, Rayong. My secretary paid the UBC bill and days later UBC was cut. The money never arrived at UBC...the big lady at the counter kept it and funny it was, I had some problem before with her and she was not aware that it was MY bill. She took her motorcycle, drove all the way to Rayong and UBC was back on within an hour...since that day she was extremely friendly :o