Helmet Cams.

DLang

SJCAM SJ4000 Wifi Action Camera

Lazada Thailand

Baht 3490 with extra battery and charger

A really good bit of kit, comes with many fittings that work for Go Pro with multiple fittings for helmets and bars. I have actually been using it with the Velcro straps that are supplied and fitted to the chin bar of my helmet using the 2nd case that though not completely waterproof works really well in this position and holds the camera very securely

Picture wise the camera is way better than the price would suggest especially when you put it against the Go Pro series and as far as I am concerned the picture is very good at 1080p 30 fps. The audio is not such a strong point in that it is quite muted and when used as I have described fitted to the chin bar in the unsealed case you do get quite a lot of wind noise

Playback is easy and you can use VLC or any standard player and the data is recorded on a normal removable Micro SD card. Mine also can be viewed on IOS or Android mobile over wifi but I have a windows phone so have never tried it though having watched several online reviews through a guy called Techmoan (google him the reviews are very good and in depth) the wifi functionality does work but is a bit unrefined

I also have a windscreen sucker mount which works with another case that is included to turn it into a dashcam, this works really well for me as I might go a week without using the truck so gives me the option to swap and change plus it works really well as a car cam just plug/unplug as needed

In summary I think it is a really good extra layer of insurance with the added benefit of it gets you waved through most checkpoints, it certainly does not look or feel cheap and the ease of use and quality of the picture is really good. I get about an hour recording time per battery so having the extra and external charger covers me though tbh I have never changed the battery mid ride. I would highly recommend it.....

• Like 2

SJCAM SJ4000 Wifi Action Camera

Lazada Thailand

Baht 3490 with extra battery and charger

A really good bit of kit, comes with many fittings that work for Go Pro with multiple fittings for helmets and bars. I have actually been using it with the Velcro straps that are supplied and fitted to the chin bar of my helmet using the 2nd case that though not completely waterproof works really well in this position and holds the camera very securely

Picture wise the camera is way better than the price would suggest especially when you put it against the Go Pro series and as far as I am concerned the picture is very good at 1080p 30 fps. The audio is not such a strong point in that it is quite muted and when used as I have described fitted to the chin bar in the unsealed case you do get quite a lot of wind noise

Playback is easy and you can use VLC or any standard player and the data is recorded on a normal removable Micro SD card. Mine also can be viewed on IOS or Android mobile over wifi but I have a windows phone so have never tried it though having watched several online reviews through a guy called Techmoan (google him the reviews are very good and in depth) the wifi functionality does work but is a bit unrefined

I also have a windscreen sucker mount which works with another case that is included to turn it into a dashcam, this works really well for me as I might go a week without using the truck so gives me the option to swap and change plus it works really well as a car cam just plug/unplug as needed

In summary I think it is a really good extra layer of insurance with the added benefit of it gets you waved through most checkpoints, it certainly does not look or feel cheap and the ease of use and quality of the picture is really good. I get about an hour recording time per battery so having the extra and external charger covers me though tbh I have never changed the battery mid ride. I would highly recommend it.....

Hi,

I have the Drift Ghost - S, Gopro Hero 4 and an SJ4000.

If your looking for something that is very easy to mount in a number of positions, tough and water resistant out of the box, the drift is by far the best for motorcycle use, As for other two, if price is an issue the SJ4000 is a steal.

Picture is marginally better on the Gopro, but there are too many positives for the Drift. We dropped our 20 ft from a tree onto rocks while filming bees. Not a mark on it!

Battery life on the drift nearly 3hrs, Gopro just over an hour if your lucky and the SJ4000 about 1hr 30mins.

Drift and Go Pro around 16k

SJ4000 under 4k

We've just done a review at farangmoto of the 3 but as yet it hasn't been posted. There are plenty on youtube. check techmoan

Edited by BBJ
  • Like 1

Contour GPS bought as used once on ebay for 5000b some while ago. Battery life about 2 hours. Batteries are a relabelled Nokia battery available most places. Uses micro SD up to 32gb. Newer versions may have better features.