Rebadging Made Easy

corkscrew

Or the 4WD and Turbo stickers on an obviously 2wd non turbo Pickup.

I did get an insight as to why this is done when I went a while back to an Issan Art display. Apparently its to do with animism and by putting that sticker on the vehicle will give the wish of the strength for those features the sticker has. Also along the lines of the "Serpico" mud flaps.

There's nothing more sad than seeing Somchai driving around in a 3 or 5 series BMW with M badges on it, or even worse a crappy Mitsu Lancer made to be an EVO!!!

Do you think that this doesn't happen anywhere else. It happens everywhere...including the UK.

It's not "sad", it's just of no consequence. Don't fret about it.

What makes me laugh the most are the 4dr 2wd non-highboy type of pickups, same ground clearance as a sedan, that are fitted with every bullbar/floodlight/sportrack/bed bar accessory available, the cheaper and gawdier the better. They are not pickups anymore, and have nowhere near the functionality of a basic sedan. The point is?....

A while back in HK, BMW actually got into the game themselves. They sold a piddly 316 with all the M detailing. Not the badges themselves, but the M mirrors (the hollowed-out ones), and the same interior trim. No model badge of any sort on the boot of course, to keep up the pretence. I remember they advertised it as a limited-run and they all sold out sharpish.

Oh well, kudos to BMW HK I suppose for accurately putting a finger on your target group.

There's nothing more sad than seeing Somchai driving around in a 3 or 5 series BMW with M badges on it, or even worse a crappy Mitsu Lancer made to be an EVO!!!

Do you think that this doesn't happen anywhere else. It happens everywhere...including the UK.

It's not "sad", it's just of no consequence. Don't fret about it.

There's always one. :o:D

When I was a bit younger I did the opposite:

Had an old VW beetle but with a Porsche engine, lot of fun on the Autobahn when the BMWs and Benzs tried to push me from behind :D

Gerd

So it was You!! in the Goggo with the go faster stripes on der Reeperbahn :D:o Nignoy