how is the 389 bus from the airport to Jomtien these days?

mike111

Hi,

How packed is the 389 bus these days? in some occasions it was a can of sardines, at others almost empty. I'm enquiring with regards to the BKK airport to Jomtien route, not the other way around.

Cheers

Must be a pleasant journey surrounded by fellow Charlies.

Dont knock it. It's comfortable, reliable, safe and cheap and the Jomtien terminal is just a few minutes walk from my condo.

I see no reason to use any other form of transport to get to the airport, and I use it for going to Bangkok too.

Must be a pleasant journey surrounded by fellow Charlies.

Dont knock it. It's comfortable, reliable, safe and cheap and the Jomtien terminal is just a few minutes walk from my condo.

I see no reason to use any other form of transport to get to the airport, and I use it for going to Bangkok too.

Agreed, used the bus many times in the past and will certainly use it again.

I think that the OP is talking about the 389 leaving from Suvarnabuhmi Bus Station.

Most replies refer to the Roong Ruang shuttle which leaves from level 1.

The latter is quite good although waiting times up to 2,5 hours were experienced.

I think that the OP is talking about the 389 leaving from Suvarnabuhmi Bus Station.

Most replies refer to the Roong Ruang shuttle which leaves from level 1.

The latter is quite good although waiting times up to 2,5 hours were experienced.

I'm talking about the level 1 bus, which is the only one I know of that does Jomtien<>BKK. It says "389" in the blurb.

http://www.airportpattayabus.com/

Thanks. I wasn't sure if there were some policy prohibiting it. It also would give a second free checked bag, which is like a B50 discount.

The only problem is that they are often sold out for the next departure. If I go into BKK for just the day connecting to the Skytrain I buy my return once I get to the airport.

• 1 month later...

Taking the bus to the airport does not sound so bad but taking the bus from the airport to Pattaya sounds like a major hassle...

If you go to the top level at Suvarnabuhmi you can bargain for a 1,500 taxi..

Edited by fforest1

Last used it June 10th at 9h from Jomtien to Suv.

About 50% occupancy.

Had "my" two seats for me alone. Smooth and easy. 1:45h total.

Only glitch: 20 mins from corner of Theprasit/Sukhumvit to the highway ramp.

Bit this will surely not become better.

In the opposite direction: get out as soon as the bus reaches north Pattaya road and jump on a motorbike taxi.

Can't give a generalized statistics.

Taking the bus to the airport does not sound so bad but taking the bus from the airport to Pattaya sounds like a major hassle...

Why? It's the same bus.

Just go to the bus counter on level 1 and buy a ticket. No big deal.

My gf comes from BKK to visit on that. Used to take vans, but I don't want to feel partially responsible for when that crashes and burns. She usually has to wait couple hours,I always get her return ticket in advance. I bought two seats last time I came back from USA as I had a new lovely guitar with me. Could have put in overhead, but extra sprawl and drool space was worth it. I also figure bus probably more likely to survive Thai traffic than taxi.

I often take the return trip to the airport but avoid the bus from airport to Jomtien because of significant wait times....also they have various stops so the trip takes longer. Never had a problem from Jomtien and no stops along the way