Bright LED For License Plate On Tail Tidy?

I put on a Motive brand tail tidy and it came with really ugly and flimsy LED license plate light assembly, so I didn't even put the LED light on when installed the tail tidy.

Meanwhile, I've seen lots of people riding around on ER6 and CBR650 bikes with tail tidys that have a really beautiful light on their license plate that's giving off a really bright white to bluish light. They are small assemblies. They appear to be just 3 or 4 small LED lights in a row.

I assume they all came with a directional cover that has the light pointing down, but they have probably removed the directional cover to make the light brighter and more visible as sort of a secondary tail light that just emits light straight out of the back of the bike.

I also assume it's no more than a couple hundred Baht part, but I just don't know where to source it.

I went through the K-Speed and Furii Shop web sites, but couldn't find it either.

Any ideas where I might be able to grab one?

Sadly I can't find any pictures online to show you what it looks like, but if you've seen it you might know what I am referring to.

Cheers...

Edited by WingNut

its one of the "Motive" tail tidy

had them on my old bike aswell.. z800

they look stunning in the night

http://www.furiishop.com/uploads/product/max/_MOTIVE__CB650.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/furiishop

This shop has them

but to be honest. i saw them in about every bike shop that has er6n + accessories

just make sure you get MOTIVE ones as they have those beautiful LEDs + good price

Edited by wowjudo

yes its the same LED unit. will look nice aswell! I think you can go with this unit

will look great if you remove those stock turning signals and get the aftermarket LED rear light with built in turn signals

Edited by wowjudo

• 2 weeks later...

Dont forget to get an LED relay.....or they will either blink too fast or possibly cause a few electrical problems. Been there and done that, some small electronic switch had to be reset by the Kawasaki dealership

Thanks everyone. After doing quite a bit of research, I agree, the MotoRun tail tidy is probably the best quality kit being sold here locally. From what I understand it is made in Japan and better quality as opposed to many of the other ones like Motive, Phoenix, etc which are either made here or in China and employ Chinese made LED turn signals and number plate lights. And the MotoRun has that really pretty 4 bulb blue number plate LED which is very nice to look at night. I have decided though I am probably going to stick with my lesser quality Motive tail tidy though for 2 main reasons.

1 - The Motive tail tidy is designed in a way that you can change the position of the tilt on the number frame to be in any position that you would like by simply loosening a couple of screws. So it is always adjustable. I like that feature and the MotoRun is in a fixed position which can't be changed. So if you don't like the tilt on the MotoRun you are stuck with it.

2 - Although I love the look of that MotoRun number plate LED, I decided I don't really want to do anything to make my number plate more illuminated in general. I decided I prefer the way I have it now with no light shining down on my number plate at all. If that blue light just worked as another tail light without greatly lighting up the number plate then I think I would be much more in favor of it.

I looked at the MotoRun when I bought the Motive tail tidy and these were the 2 reasons that stopped me from getting a MotoRun.